SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I'm not quite sure if this has been tackled before, but does anyone actually purchase an enlarged (and flared up) slide release like that of the LDC and X5s for their Classic P Series, specifically P226s? I believe some X5 All Arounds come with the extended flared up slide release while some come with the standard. It also looks as if the flared up slide release is just serrated and not checkered like the 224 low profile controls too.

Or do you guys just use the standard slide release and bend the latch to flare upwards? I believe you have to heat it up first before it could be bent right? As there's a possibility it might snap if it's bent in its current state with the part being MIM?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,015 Posts
For that and your quest for the Takedown Lever, check here for possibilities, as he advertises Mastershop parts availability... https://www.firearmsdepot.us/

Whether he can do you any good in the Philippines, is another story...

Reactions: BGOd42

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For that and your quest for the Takedown Lever, check here for possibilities, as he advertises Mastershop parts availability... https://www.firearmsdepot.us/

Whether he can do you any good in the Philippines, is another story...
Triebel - https://sportwaffen-triebel.de/sig-sauer/verschlufanghebel--sa/da/-p226/229/x-5
currently out of stock. Not sure if they ship to Philippines.

I did not see it listed at rothe-waffen.de, you may want to email Tim Rothe and see if he can get it.

Good luck.
Thank you for the links, I'll be sure to try to contact them soon. I would assume they ship fine to the States?

Also, the sportwaffen website seemed to have an x5 slide release but isn't the flared up one? Or do my eyes just deceive me?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe the slide stop lever is stamped, not MIM. It is on my 2016 P226.
Checking again, yes it does look to be just a stamped part given its thinness.

My X5 Allround has the enlarged/flared slide release.
This is exactly what I'm looking for. While I'm sure some would buy the flared up slide catch, I believe I saw a smith that can modify standard slide catches to flare upwards. I forgot who exactly though I believe they have to heat it up first? I'm not sure if it's possible to bend it properly without heating it due to the possibility of cracking.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I'm not sure if it's possible to bend it properly without heating it due to the possibility of cracking.
It is NOT possible to heat and bend steel without the "possiblity" of cracking. It will always be on the table with both heating and bending. That said, if you do crack a regular slide catch, you are not really losing much as they are plentiful and you can simply get another one and either heat and bend that one or simply install it as-is with the knowledge that you tried. Or get another one and heat/bend that one before you attempt to install it? That said, I have seen them for sale. I have seen them listed as "EU Slide Catch Levers". If you really want one and do not want to bend one, you may want to search for that search term.

The OEM Sig part # for the X5 Slide Catch is 34226289-R Just as an FYI

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
At least one person on here has posted in the past that he removed his X5 Allround slide catch lever in favor of a regular one. No idea who it was but a deep search may reveal it if you have the time and patience to do so. I know I read it after I bought my x5 Allround so that would have been within the last 3 years. If you find it, you may be able to contact that individual and ask him/her if you could buy it? Just a thought.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your eyes are better than mine, it appears to be non-flared. Sorry to give you a bad link.

Good luck in your quest.
No worries, I got into contact with them and it seems they have some listings over at gun broker.

Here it is for ya'll's reference:

Specific sport takedown lever link: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/797732875

All the other X5 parts and their listings:
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=1626146&PageSize=48&Sort=13&View=1

I personally feel bad that they might've had to chop up an X5 to sell the parts. I hope it's just spare parts and not original parts on a fully built pistol. I guess that's also why there's a premium to be paid for them.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is NOT possible to heat and bend steel without the "possiblity" of cracking. It will always be on the table with both heating and bending. That said, if you do crack a regular slide catch, you are not really losing much as they are plentiful and you can simply get another one and either heat and bend that one or simply install it as-is with the knowledge that you tried. Or get another one and heat/bend that one before you attempt to install it? That said, I have seen them for sale. I have seen them listed as "EU Slide Catch Levers". If you really want one and do not want to bend one, you may want to search for that search term.

The OEM Sig part # for the X5 Slide Catch is 34226289-R Just as an FYI
At least one person on here has posted in the past that he removed his X5 Allround slide catch lever in favor of a regular one. No idea who it was but a deep search may reveal it if you have the time and patience to do so. I know I read it after I bought my x5 Allround so that would have been within the last 3 years. If you find it, you may be able to contact that individual and ask him/her if you could buy it? Just a thought.
Thanks for the reply! Would try to see if I can check them out. Always didn't like using a blowtorch for the pistol as the discoloration caused by it could be an eyesore. Great input though and I'll see what I can do!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.