SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P938 recoil spring giving you some hassle going back in the gun? I have read of quite a few ingenious aids being used to direct the spring in place.

We had take-out Chinese food the other night and guess what I discovered? The thick end of the chopstick is the perfect size to run in through the muzzle and guide the spring home. And... the price is right.

Of course, your chopstick may vary :p

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm confused on this too... lol
The recoil spring when you put the gun back together. You put the long spring on the guide rod. Then you need to compress the spring without it bending. The spring can be like a slinky if it's not lined up correctly . Especially on new guns or new springs as they are the longest. With the dowel type stick you align the spring push and it pops into place. I can do it without but it does make you :eek: at times. So to make it easy and less stressful we use the stick, dowel etc..:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you have a 938, I'm surprised the often-difficult recoil spring reinstallation hasn't crossed your mind... :D
I sure had the issue. That sucker shot out across the room. Lost it. Had to buy a new one and I found the other one a few weeks later under my dog's dog bed when vacuuming. It's nice to have a spare! This chopstick idea will come in handy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The recoil spring when you put the gun back together. You put the long spring on the guide rod. Then you need to compress the spring without it bending. The spring can be like a slinky if it's not lined up correctly . Especially on new guns or new springs as they are the longest. With the dowel type stick you align the spring push and it pops into place. I can do it without but it does make you :eek: at times. So to make it easy and less stressful we use the stick, dowel etc..:)
I guess the 238 and 938 are different. Can't say I've ever had a 938 stripped, but I have never had an issue with the 238... Of course, now I've said that - next time I strip it, it's going to cause problems lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.