SIG Talk banner

Checking out the Talo ASE series and am confused

1303 Views 12 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Basspraiser
I would like to check out the Talo P226 ASE series guns but am confused.

In 9 mm there appears to be 2 models:

226R9ASE

E26R-9-ASE

Both are supposed to have a 4.4 " barrel...

The 226R9ASE appears to have a standard P 226 look and looks like the 4.4" barrel.

But.. The E26R-9-ASE looks to have a shorter barrel in pictures..

Also... The E26R-9-ASE has 15 round mags while the 226R9ASE only comes with 10 round mags... What's up with that?

Can you swap out a 15 round mag ( sorry.. I'm really a noobie)...

Also.. What else can you tell me about these?

I like the look of SS but with the lighter weight....

I cannot find too much on line about them...

Thank you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
10 rounder would be for state restriction areas.

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,082 Posts
Add an added question....I cannot tell why the 226R9ASE costs more than the E26R-9-ASE

What are the differences?

It may be for inclusion to some states "approved lists for ownership" (California), which require things such as "Loaded Chamber Indicator", and "Magazine Disconnects", meaning "additional parts and machining"!

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Willard!

I did some price checking on line and it seems like these Range from $900 to $1300.

Just left my local dealer.. They want $1300 and won't budge even though I showed them several on the internet for $900 range.. Going to make some calls tomorrow

· Registered
716 Posts
I could probably get you one for 1100 shipped to your ffl and you just pay whatever transfer fees and tax they add.

or just find a dift dealer

I know the 15rd model is available through our distributer while the 10 is not

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could probably get you one for 1100 shipped to your ffl and you just pay whatever transfer fees and tax they add.

or just find a dift dealer

I know the 15rd model is available through our distributer while the 10 is not
Thanks.. But I'm going to see if I can get one for $900 + tomorrow.. If not.. I'll. PM you

I would prefer the 15 to the 10

· Registered
42 Posts
Thanks Willard!

I did some price checking on line and it seems like these Range from $900 to $1300.

Just left my local dealer.. They want $1300 and won't budge even though I showed them several on the internet for $900 range.. Going to make some calls tomorrow

I was looking at these for quite a while.. $929 from grabagun seemed like the best deal.. others had it for less but made up the difference with shipping. In the end I passed on these in favor of two P220SSEs, one carry & one full size. As I have no intention of using these for EDC the extra weight of the Stainless frame isn't an issue..
DEGUNS is currently running a great sale on Sigs.. may want to check with them..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.