SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Change front, rear sight/both?

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  concreteguy 
#1 ·
Morning all. Over the past two weeks or so I've been becoming familiar with my P320C (9MM). After shooting from various distances (5-20 yards) I consistently see approx 2" low and 2" right no matter what the distance and whether I shoot from a rest or hand. The gun came with #8 rear and #6 front sights (Siglite).

Looking at the Sig chart, I read that the rear sight changes poi 6" per # change while the front sight change per # is 1" at 25 yards.

So should I leave the rear sight at #8 and go to #9 front?

POA was center dot in this pict. 1" lined target. If I remember correctly this target was shot from 15 yards. Orientation of pict is rotated (have to figure out how to adjust that).
The front sight is visually 'off' a little to the left (.6mm). Not sure why it came from the factory like that but have to assume that's causing some of the center shot issue. :eek:
Tile Games Recreation Circle Square

See less See more
#2 ·
If you are always low and right at any distance, that points more to you and not the gun. If there was something wrong with the gun the numbers would change as your distance moves.

Have you tried shooting off rest? I always shoot a new pistol off a rest for the first mag or two. It helps me remove anything I'm doing.

Also .. have you called Sig? If there is an issue, Sig will fix it at no charge.

My 320 with 6\8 combo is spot on. Granted it took about 4-6 range trips to really get everything dialed in and I'm still improving. Even changing barrels has causes no issue.

#14 ·
I thought I had a similar issue with my 320C 9mm as the OP. I got out to the farm and was shooting at an estimated 50 yards to as close as 15 yards. From 50 I was using a makeshift rest and from 15 off hand. All my shooting was at medium speed and everything was hitting 6"-10" low. I was not happy.

When I got back home the next day I got to thinking, before I start blaming the gun I should double check by taking my time and being slow and deliberate. I set up a table with a decent rest and then put an old spray paint can on top of a cardboard box (to show low hits). I estimated the distance at 40'(measured 37'), placed the sights so I only could see the top half of the can and slowly squeeze. The shot hit the can dead center. Second shot I aimed for the center of the cap then punched a hole right in the middle of the cap.

Turns out that there is nothing wrong with the sights. The only other difference was that I was shooting Tula at the farm and Blazer at the house. I have a #6 front and #8 rear SigLites. Just food for thought.

Sent from my Buckeye using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Morning all. Over the past two weeks or so I've been becoming familiar with my P320C (9MM). After shooting from various distances (5-20 yards) I consistently see approx 2" low and 2" right no matter what the distance and whether I shoot from a rest or hand. The gun came with #8 rear and #6 front sights (Siglite).

Looking at the Sig chart, I read that the rear sight changes poi 6" per # change while the front sight change per # is 1" at 25 yards.

So should I leave the rear sight at #8 and go to #9 front?

POA was center dot in this pict. 1" lined target. If I remember correctly this target was shot from 15 yards. Orientation of pict is rotated (have to figure out how to adjust that).
The front sight is visually 'off' a little to the left (.6mm). Not sure why it came from the factory like that but have to assume that's causing some of the center shot issue. :eek:
View attachment 115090
Are you left handed by any chance? Almost every post I see about problem with sights has (right handed) people shooting low and left. But the common theme is LOW regardless. I'm going to be bringing mine soon to the range and shooting from rest to see if it does in fact shoot low due to the #6 front sight. If so, I'm replacing with #8. If it does not, I'll learn how to shoot properly.

#5 ·
Heres what Sig told me: The standard factory setup for a P320sc is #8 Front, #6 Rear. I haven't seen anyone even mention that setup on here. My gun came from factory with what Sig said, #8F/#6R.

Just went to range today, shot approx 200 rds at 7 yds. All were low left. The low is probably my sight picture, I am having a heck of a time adjusting to the Sig combat sight picture.

I found that if my POA is right of target, the POI is about dead on.

I did chat with Sig and they have sent (due to arrive today) me a replacement #9 front sight, they said this would fix the low hits. We'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.