SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good place to get certified pre owned Sigs? A quick search did not turn up anything of substance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
What's a certified pre owned Sig? You mean like how you buy a certified pre owned vehicle from a dealership?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I would go to the Sig Sauer web site and search for Sig dealers in your area. Then call the various dealers and ask them if they have any in stock and if so what models and calibers.

We know Sig has gone over these pistols carefully, but I think you would want to take a look at the pistol itself for appearance condition.

You could also check on GunBroker.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
You can search GunBroker, using their filters to bring some to the surface. Same is true of other gun sites, depending on their search capabilities. Good ol' Google.

Other than that, it's a bit of an Easter Egg Hunt.

And, Wespac, CPO is a gun that's been refurbished by Sig, inspected and comes with a 1-year warranty from them. Usually signified by a Red Box and/or Red Grip Band.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Where do these guns come from?
For instance, when a forum member says Sig gave him a new gun for a warranty replacement, does his old gun go through the repair shop and get labeled CPO?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
One way or another, they go back through SIG in NH for the refurbishment/repackaging process. Some are LE pistols that get "retired," some might be trade-ins that some SIG dealers get into the CPO food chain, not clear on exactly HOW, but they come back through the marketplace.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can search GunBroker, using their filters to bring some to the surface. Same is true of other gun sites, depending on their search capabilities. Good ol' Google.

Other than that, it's a bit of an Easter Egg Hunt.

And, Wespac, CPO is a gun that's been refurbished by Sig, inspected and comes with a 1-year warranty from them. Usually signified by a Red Box and/or Red Grip Band.
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I have never heard of a certified pre owned Sig.

·
Registered
108 Posts
A P229 SAS CPO is probably my most accurate Sig. Excellent pistol at a great price that looked brand new inside and out. Liked it so much and the price was so good I bought another. Got them from a dealer advertising on a Sig forum site. The popular auction sites have them but the price seems a little high. Here is a picture of the one I now carry:

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I have never heard of a certified pre owned Sig.

I have a CPO P229 that I bought back in 2012 (came with both .357 and .40 barrels) that has become my #1 favorite SIG, and THE one that I refuse to let go of, no matter what! It is my daily carry, normally in .357SIG, but I also shoot .40S&W through it at the range to save money on ammo, and to have as a second "back-up" caliber in case of "politically motivated ammo shortages".

As you can see from the pic below, even after 4 years of use and carry, it still looks practically new! I did add the Trijicon night sights, otherwise it is bone-stock...

Forgot to mention... I found mine at my LGS, so they can turn up anywhere! :)

·
Premium Member
16,974 Posts
CDNN Sports usually has some. Not so much today.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I took a look at some Sig Certified Pre-owned pistols at a Sig Elite dealership this weekend (Heritage Guild, Easton, PA). You couldn't distinguish them from the new ones other than the red band around the grip instead of white and the big red box they came in. Either these were odd-ball, exceptional condition used guns, or Sig does a great job of refinishing them before selling them as CPO's. Although $850 for a P226 Nitron with NS, is only about $100 less than a good buy on a new one. Although I didn't ask if they discount from the sticker on a used gun.

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
I've seen them at gun shows, and for good deals- around $549, if memory serves me.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I bought two CPO Sigs through Gunbroker. Just did a search for the guns I was looking for and went through the listing by price. Found a p320 full-size with night sights and all the other goodies except there was a red box instead of a case. Cost was $400.

The other was a p227 Sig in 45 acp with everything that comes with a new one, including two magazines and night sights, except the plastic case. Cost was $700.

Neither gun had any signs of use. The barrels were without any kind of marks and the inside of the rails showed no signs of use. One dealer told me that he had been very pleased with the CPO guns he had received. He also said that there might be some variation in what is included beyond the gun and two magazines. For example some came with holsters others do not.

Very pleased with my CPO Sigs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the tips guys, much appreciated. I saw a CPO 229 in .40 for $557 at buds and didn't jump on it. Went back the next day and it's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
There is a very nice one on GunBroker right now. It is a used pistol and not a CPO. The price is currently a hair over three hundred, but it has over 5 days to go on the auction block. When this seller says it is very good condition, you can trust it will be even better.

I would mark it and watch where it goes. It would not surprise me to see someone get a nice gun for less than four hundred dollars.

I am not affiliated with this seller, but I have bought a few guns from them to include two Sig P220's, a P226 and a P229.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I generally buy every CPO SIG (provided it's in a caliber I like) that I can get my hands on. They are always a great deal.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
A P229 SAS CPO is probably my most accurate Sig. Excellent pistol at a great price that looked brand new inside and out. Liked it so much and the price was so good I bought another. Got them from a dealer advertising on a Sig forum site. The popular auction sites have them but the price seems a little high. Here is a picture of the one I now carry:
The CPO I got was a twin of yours. Added a 9mm conversion kit, 357SIG barrel and SRT. I can highly recommend SIG CPOs - the best bang for your buck IMHO.

Reactions: bronicabill
1 - 20 of 26 Posts