SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has cerakoted their MCX. I'm getting tired of black guns and figured an FDE MCX would look good with my FDE MK25-RX. If so, what's the process like, how well will it hold up, and what would be price range for something like this.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The language in the recent recall instructions leads me to think they possibly will not. I did it anyway so here's to no more recalls. :lol:

It is not uncommon apparently judging from some other gun forums so it seems Sig is not off the beaten path on this one.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Cerakote hold up well and adds a custom look to your firearm. Cost depends on how many colors you use or if a pattern is created (more labor intensive). So far my cerakoted P320 RX has held up great... very happy with the durability of the finish and will have more handguns & rifles cerakoted in the future. I would think your looking at around $350 for a solid color.

Here's my recent Cerakote project...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cerakote is very durable and tough. It is also very easy to do it yourself. You can find all kinds of write ups on cerakoting on the web along with videos on you tube. Just need a good HVLP gun.

These are 2 of my guns that I have done myself.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just had mine done in Desert Verde, really cool looking, it's tan but in some lights has a greenish hue prefect for FL.

It cost me around $200, but I also tipped them. They've hooked me up before (in fact this gun I bought for $1,550 new), so I help them out when I can.

It's held up well so far, except for the rail ontop, this is because I swap optics out pretty regularly. But even then, this is probably because I'm pretty rough (it's a tool, not a show car), and it's barely worn at that.

As for warranty, I didn't think about it, plus the last "warranty" issue was the bolt pin, conaoder ing I'd be out a gun for a month or so, it wouldn't then work with my binary trigger, I told them to not worry about it. Honestly, what warranty item would break? Ontop of that, I'd just upgrade.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts