Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
So I just picked up a p320c and really like it, enough to make it my new carry. I really want to switch the grip to the subcompact size for the summer months because it's a little more concealable for t shirt weather. Does anyone know who's making any kydex holsters in this combo? I wanted the railed subcompact lower too, but that's not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
109 Posts
there's tons of kydex makers out there. last one i bought was red river tactical iwb. works nicely with both my p320rx (suppressor sites which needs more clearance) and p320sc.

for all day comfort, i prefer non kydex (stealthgear)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Ansel,
If you're going to keep the Compact slide and just change the grip frame, you will only need one holster designed to fit the Compact. I use an Alien Gear IWB one, but as tstrobel pointed out, there are a whole bunch of makers out there.

Congrats on your 320C, and welcome to Sig Talk. :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please someone that knows, give me a definitive answer on holsters for P320C in .45. Will it work in a holster designed for the 9/.40? If not, any good suggestions for a CCW holster of any type for the 320C in .45? Thanks so much for any guidance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Please someone that knows, give me a definitive answer on holsters for P320C in .45. Will it work in a holster designed for the 9/.40? If not, any good suggestions for a CCW holster of any type for the 320C in .45? Thanks so much for any guidance!
Near as I can tell my P320C in 9mm fits in the kydex holster built for a P320C in .45.

The other way around, though, is more iffy. And that is what you asked about.

I have a leather holster built for the P320C in 9mm and when I shove the P320C in .45 into it the slide gets moved every so slightly out of battery. Probably would just return to battery during the drawstroke but still...not ideal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Near as I can tell my P320C in 9mm fits in the kydex holster built for a P320C in .45.

I have a leather holster built for the P320C in 9mm and when I shove the P320C in .45 into it the slide gets moved every so slightly out of battery. Probably would just return to battery during the drawstroke but still...not ideal.
Thanks for your reply!
I ordered a Don Hume 721OT OWB from Gunner's Alley. They assured me that SIG told them that holsters for the 9/40 would work with the .45 as well. It's leather so I think it may stretch to fit with time. Holster hasn't arrived yet. I really didn't want to use kydex particularly because it's FDE and I was concerned about slide finish wear and of course kydex doesn't have much stretch at all either. In my searches it seems like holsters for the .45 320's are few and far between.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for your reply!
I ordered a Don Hume 721OT OWB from Gunner's Alley. They assured me that SIG told them that holsters for the 9/40 would work with the .45 as well. It's leather so I think it may stretch to fit with time. Holster hasn't arrived yet. I really didn't want to use kydex particularly because it's FDE and I was concerned about slide finish wear and of course kydex doesn't have much stretch at all either. In my searches it seems like holsters for the .45 320's are few and far between.
Thanks again!
Update on holster for my P320C, mine arrived this AM and just as Brad at Gunner's Alley told me my .45 fit the 9/.40 holster beautifully. Couldn't ask for a nicer fit or a more nicely made pancake OWB. Just offering this up as info for whomever it may help. I struggled for a while to find a holster for this pistol that suited me.
Don Hume H721-OT Belt Holster

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've found kydex to be better suited for the range or tactical tournaments since they tend to stick out further from you body. I recommend a two slot pancake that holds it real close to the body. Galco has one that I'm quit pleased with but I'm sure there are others. I've made a few of my own in the past but if you do that, turn the gun inward so it follows the apex of your body curve. The one I use stays tucked pretty good with a T-shirt unless I bend over.

·
Registered
24 Posts

If the slide doesn't fit towards the last 1/4in all you have to do is work the fit awhile and it will be just fine. You can help it along by dipping the holster in water for 3 mins (without the gun being in it), wrap the gun in plastic then slide it in and let it dry. Once it dries the gun will fit perfectly. Treat the leather after it dries and not harm will occur to the leather.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If the slide doesn't fit towards the last 1/4in all you have to do is work the fit awhile and it will be just fine. You can help it along by dipping the holster in water for 3 mins (without the gun being in it), wrap the gun in plastic then slide it in and let it dry. Once it dries the gun will fit perfectly. Treat the leather after it dries and not harm will occur to the leather.
Poor boiling water in. Then the plastic wrapped pistol.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
geeze, locate one of your local kydex/holster guys on FB and give them from biz!! my little less than 60K town in the summer to over 120K in the winter (******* snowbirds) we have 4 local holster makers for gun/knives, etc. i have only one that i deal with, and the holster he made for me last week was a TekLok based damascus seaxe that fits at any angle you could want and then some. give your local guys some biz, if they need your gun as a mold, no big deal, i have reformed so many hybrid leather holsters that i dont remember what the original gun was for, just reformed one with a heatgun to perfectly fit my new P320, or other gun. look around and help your own economy

·
Registered
52 Posts
if it is kydex, like a hybrid leather/kydex, heat the kydex up w/o gun in it,with a heatgun push in and either press with a piece of dense foam, or use leather gloves and hand mold to to the gun, easy either way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.