SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using Blazer Brass for getting my 320 broke in.
Always had good luck with the 380 Mustang I was shooting for years.
Don't even have a set of dies yet for the 9mm but have already started stocking up on Unique and bullets.
Was wondering if the Blazer brass was decent or should I be looking at Starline or others for long term use ?
I have settled on Federal on my 30/06 and 44 Mag use years ago.

Dennis

·
Premium Member
36,812 Posts
I think the brass is fine. Starline might go more times, but 9mm brass holds up pretty good as it is.
My problem with Blazer is I do 45acp and Blazer uses small primers.
Some Federal white bo as well.

I really dislike having to sort out the small primers, so I won't buy them for that reason.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was not aware that was an issue.
Thanks for the heads up.
I will have to look at what I have here.

·
Registered
17,781 Posts
I think the brass is fine. Starline might go more times, but 9mm brass holds up pretty good as it is.
My problem with Blazer is I do 45acp and Blazer uses small primers.
Some Federal white bo as well.

I really dislike having to sort out the small primers, so I won't buy them for that reason.
Since we have segued to small pistol primers in .45 ACP, here is a list of manufacturers I have personally found that use small pistol in .45 ACP.

G.F.L
PMC
Federal
Speer
Fiocchi
nny

Getting back to the OP's question, I use range brass and have yet to find any 9MM that wouldn't work but have found S&B to have very tight primer pockets in 9MM, but not in .45 ACP.

I've never bought 9MM brass as I pick up more than I need at the range, and recommend that others do that too. There's no reason to pay for brass you can generally get for free. If you can't get it free, then buy once fired used stuff over the net, it's cheaper.

·
Premium Member
36,812 Posts
Since we have segued to small pistol primers in .45 ACP, here is a list of manufacturers I have personally found that use small pistol in .45 ACP.

G.F.L
PMC
Federal
Speer
Fiocchi
nny

Getting back to the OP's question, I use range brass and have yet to find any 9MM that wouldn't work but have found S&B to have very tight primer pockets in 9MM, but not in .45 ACP.

I've never bought 9MM brass as I pick up more than I need at the range, and recommend that others do that too. There's no reason to pay for brass you can generally get for free. If you can't get it free, then buy once fired used stuff over the net, it's cheaper.

Interesting on that.
I have some PMC, Speer Lawman, and Fiocchi and have all large primer.
I think the Federal range white box has a lot of small, but not so much the Federal red box. I am limited to personal experience, so not very versed on it.

Fortunately my buying factory is over, and I am using up stock, along with making my own first fired.

I might add I have had 45 wear out. Some of my 9mm is 4th fired and still looks great.
I notice on 45 the brass gets a dull look on part of the wall, and then after that develops cracks.
40 and 9mm I have thrown a few away, but don't think any has worn out yet.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Some 9MM is a pain. I don't care for WIN marked 9MM because the crimp is nasty as is WMA but CCI and/or Blazer has been 100% for me as is most others

As stated there is so much left at ranges there is no reason to shoot factory to get brass

I get so much anything I reload I leave after I shoot it. Why load twice fired when I have 30K of once fired sitting in 2gallon jugs?

Winchester has started load SP in 45 and pretty much all makers are. Only Remington has not that I have seen but I am sure they will

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

G.F.L
PMC
Federal
Speer
Fiocchi
nny

I shoot at a members only range.
There is no brass to pick up except our own .

·
Premium Member
36,812 Posts
If 45acp goes all small primer, that is great for me.
No switching back and forth, as 9mm, 40, and 45 is all I do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts