SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody carry when they mow their yard? I should have today as someone disregarded my "No Trespassing" signs and came part way down my 1/4 mile long driveway. I reminded him this was private property and he drove right past my sign, then he tried to run me over with his car, missing me by inches. I got his license plate number, but declined to call 911 since he left. I had a neighbor witness this, he came to see if I was ok, great to have good neighbors.
I always carry concealed, but not always when I'm mowing, a lot of dust and dirt flying around the air. Just interested what everyone else does.

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Report it.

I always carry where legal to do so. Especially while mowing . . . what if some dirt clod came on my property and tried to run me over?!:confused:

I've carried for almost 50 years. Never had to use it. Made me a lot more comfortable knowing it was there on a few occasions. After the investment in calories burned lugging around a gun, it'd be just awful, painful even, knowing it was in the safe and needing it.

·
Registered
6,844 Posts
Report it, and sign the complaints
You need the paper trail in case of further incidents

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Yep, pants on gun on regardless of activity.

Report it. Find out if that tag belongs to a known BG.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I live in the country so I never know what I'll run into while mowing- ground hog, snake, bear etc. so I always have a pistol on me. Come to think of it I carry 99.999% of the time. It's a habit anymore. Wake up get dressed and grab a holster and gun for the day. Except for work days. Can't carry at work. But as soon as I come home I change and grab a gun and holster and carry until bed time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
I live in the country so I never know what I'll run into while mowing- ground hog, snake, bear etc. so I always have a pistol on me. Come to think of it I carry 99.999% of the time. It's a habit anymore. Wake up get dressed and grab a holster and gun for the day. Except for work days. Can't carry at work. But as soon as I come home I change and grab a gun and holster and carry until bed time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way!! You get 4.5 Pinocchios for that one (sorry)!

In order to carry 99.999% of the time, and for the sake of argument here we will allow as to how putting one's gun on the nightstand is "carry" time, you would have to limit your daily showers to only 1.44 minutes. Ain't nobody showers that fast, 'cept my boys when they were younger - they could shower so quick they didn't get wet!

Alternately, and I'm ready to apologize if this be the case, could shower with your gun, (Navy Seals may do this), or you could skip showering every day (Navy Seals do not do this), save all your wet time for the big one, say on Saturday. Then you could luxuriate in there for 10.08 minutes and make that 99.999% number. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
I have a small lawn care business. It's an after hours and weekend job... 30 or so lawns a week. I enjoy getting out.. I enjoy the work.. I enjoy the people I work for. I would not dream of being without a weapon the hours that I'm mowing. I just don't go out without carrying.

·
Premium Member
8,918 Posts
No. If I was armed when mowing I am quite sure I would have shot that damn machine quite a few times.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Before I walk out one of our doors I holster my pistol . I carried at work but retired now and mowing the lawn or checking the mail !! Soooo guess I my hit there 99.999 % of the time I'm out side and have done this for 29 years . Holstering my handgun is like putting on my hat , shirt or shoes . It's what we all should do . Inside the house I don't often carry but we have a couple well placed handguns around for my wife or I if needed .

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.