SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though my P220 is a lot heavier than my usual carry firearms, I picked up a Crossbreed Freedom Carry holster anyhow just to give it a try. It's really not anywhere near as bulky or uncomfortable as I had imagined. The handle does protrude out a little more so it's not a t shirt only option.

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
It's also relatively slim being a single-stack, which is a big key to concealability.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
19,517 Posts
I've got an ST model that I really want to carry sometime. If I could find a cheap OWB holster, I'd probably give it a try.

·
Registered
22,203 Posts
Yeah. Nice guns too.
I'm used to carrying a P226 all the time.
The P220 is easier being narrower.

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
I've got an ST model that I really want to carry sometime. If I could find a cheap OWB holster, I'd probably give it a try.
I also have a Stainless Elite, but I probably wouldn't want to carry it because of the weight. It would look beautiful in an open-carry leather holster, though.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yeah, My ST is way too heavy, in my opinion, for a carry. I do love it and all its beauty.

It was once a police carry. I suspect the Officers were happy to see its replacement.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I also have a Stainless Elite, but I probably wouldn't want to carry it because of the weight. It would look beautiful in an open-carry leather holster, though.
Yup l. I carry my 226 Elite Stainless in an owb black leather holster. Gets lots of looks. Same holster works for my 220 10mm Reverse two tone.

·
Registered
17,781 Posts
Even though my P220 is a lot heavier than my usual carry firearms, I picked up a Crossbreed Freedom Carry holster anyhow just to give it a try. It's really not anywhere near as bulky or uncomfortable as I had imagined. The handle does protrude out a little more so it's not a t shirt only option.
Use an IWB holster and it will be a t shirt only option. I carried one of those for years. Mrs. Flash said she could see the bulge but even knowing where to look and seeing it, she said you really couldn't tell what it was or even if was just the way the t shirt was laying.

Now I carry a 220 compact IWB t shirt only and she says it disappears completely. Even knowing where to look, she can't see it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Use an IWB holster and it will be a t shirt only option. I carried one of those for years. Mrs. Flash said she could see the bulge but even knowing where to look and seeing it, she said you really couldn't tell what it was or even if was just the way the t shirt was laying.

Now I carry a 220 compact IWB t shirt only and she says it disappears completely. Even knowing where to look, she can't see it.
After carrying for about a year I'm really amazed at how unobservant the ordinary person is. I saw a guy in a store yesterday who was obviously carrying a hand cannon. It looked like a giant hip tumor. No one gave him a second look. I'm guessing that a lot of CCWs, me included, are overly self conscious about appearances.

·
Registered
17,781 Posts
I think you could walk around with an M60 and most people wouldn't notice.

After you carry for a while, you get used to it and quit worrying about printing or people making you.

I've been carrying most of my adult life and got over it years ago.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I EDC OC a P228 and they are correct ...a good belt is the key. I sometimes carry a P220 (9mm & .45) or P226 and don't find them objectionable.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am also now using a dual carry leather holster made by D.M.Bullard and with one of their belts. The sig P220 stainless elite is heavy but not a problem to carry with most button up type of shirts. I don't normally go anywhere with a T-shirt.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
+1 on the 5 stitch Wilderness Instructor belts. Great belts, hold a holstered weapon very securely. They offer a bit stiffer belt, but I find the 5 stitch version works great with a single handgun. The stiffer belt is intended for a LEO with several items on the belt, radio, cuff, taser, etc.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Many moons ago I had a P220 that I carried everywhere. It was great. These days I carry a P226 in an IWB. I had to make a quick trip to Sam's Club so I threw on a dryfit shirt. I bent over. I grabbed stuff off high shelves. I did my shopping. I didn't think twice about it. I got home and caught a glimpse in the mirror and realized it printed badly. The moral of the story is no one cares even if they see it. At worst they'll give you a wide berth. I seriously doubt any of you fine people on the forum are sketchy looking (except you crazy AIWB carriers lol). We're average citizens and body language goes a long way. If you're printing, so be it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
+1 on the belt being key. I like these belts, better. For $10 less (39.95)its just as good, maybe a little better and for $10 more (59.95) you get a quick disconnect buckle which is great for bathroom breaks, and quick readjustments, like retucking Tshirt, and such.

They use SCUBA webbing which is stiffer than the normal stuff. And a great company to deal with, I was an in between size, which I discovered after ordering and it being a little large (I still could adjust to fit, but I was loosing weight and was afraid it might end up too large). They made me a custom size, for no extra charge. I paid for the new custom, and returned the original for a full refund once the new belt arrived so I was not without.

A.H.T.Tactical Belts : X-Concealment, Better Concealment for Better Protection

·
Registered
17,781 Posts
+1 on the 5 stitch Wilderness Instructor belts. Great belts, hold a holstered weapon very securely. They offer a bit stiffer belt, but I find the 5 stitch version works great with a single handgun. The stiffer belt is intended for a LEO with several items on the belt, radio, cuff, taser, etc.
This is my opinion also. I've got 3 of the 5 stitch, and 1 of the CSM (the stiffer version MC refers to). I like them all but generally wear a 5 stitch and have for around 10 years or so.

The best part is that they're manufactured in Phoenix, just off of the 17. I went there one day, looked in the showroom for my size in a certain color and they were out.

The lady told me that if I had 10 minutes, they'd make me one while I waited. I waited and around 10 minutes later they handed it to me.

That's service.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts