SIG Talk banner

Do you conceal carry at a funeral?

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Another misleading title. 🤔

I thought it was going to be a discussion of the method of carry at funerals. I wear a suit to funerals if located in a chapel and accompanied by a minister. If wearing a suit, I’m EDC ing OWB. Visitation I’m EDC ing IWB SOB, since usually more casual dress. I come from a long line of huggers, so it’s common knowledge that I’m armed.

Have been to a few outdoors funerals on private property. Even though the suit coat comes off early, it’s still OWB. I tend towards my two tone P245 for those occasions. Appearance matters when paying respect.

Preachers Kid here, so I’ve been to a lot of funerals. On the occasion that I’ve attended a funeral of a non believer, I’m wearing casual clothes with deep concealment of my EDC. Attended a few with a LEO presence. Stay close to the door on those.

No matter the weather conditions, I wash my vehicle before driving in a funeral procession. Again, Respect.

I tend to dress for the deceased, rather than for the remaining family. I wore a pink shirt with my suit, to my Mom‘s funeral. I could feel her smiling from Heaven. :love:

·
Registered
3,739 Posts

I thought it was going to be a discussion of the method of carry at funerals. I wear a suit to funerals if located in a chapel and accompanied by a minister. If wearing a suit, I’m EDC ing OWB. Visitation I’m EDC ing IWB SOB, since usually more casual dress. I come from a long line of huggers, so it’s common knowledge that I’m armed.

Have been to a few outdoors funerals on private property. Even though the suit coat comes off early, it’s still OWB. I tend towards my two tone P245 for those occasions. Appearance matters when paying respect.

Preachers Kid here, so I’ve been to a lot of funerals. On the occasion that I’ve attended a funeral of a non believer, I’m wearing casual clothes with deep concealment of my EDC. Attended a few with a LEO presence. Stay close to the door on those.

No matter the weather conditions, I wash my vehicle before driving in a funeral procession. Again, Respect.

I tend to dress for the deceased, rather than for the remaining family. I wore a pink shirt with my suit, to my Mom‘s funeral. I could feel her smiling from Heaven. :love:
Some interesting thoughts. I have never given thought to the concept of open carry at a funeral as I’m so accustomed to CC in all situations. IF I was going to find myself at a funeral where open carry was going to be the situation, I’d carry OWB at 3:30 and would carry either my all nickel P229 or my 2 tone nickel/black version. Possibly a P229 SSE. So rare to even think in terms of carrying something really pretty openly.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
only time I don't carry is if I know it's not allowed, Airports, the jails, that sort of thing. you are not suppose to carry at a polling place, but i do. the whack jobs are not going to open up at a gun shop, they go to the polling places and churches and malls

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Some interesting thoughts. I have never given thought to the concept of open carry at a funeral as I’m so accustomed to CC in all situations. IF I was going to find myself at a funeral where open carry was going to be the situation, I’d carry OWB at 3:30 and would carry either my all nickel P229 or my 2 tone nickel/black version. Possibly a P229 SSE. So rare to even think in terms of carrying something really pretty openly.
Most often it’s covered by the jacket or shirt. If I know the covering garment is coming off, I consider the appearance of the EDC. Don’t want to cause a fright with too much black at a funeral.🤔

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

I like the way you think!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
So a few weeks ago I had to attend my son’s grandmother on his mothers side (one of the ex-wives) and asked my wife to attend with me and she said ”NO” and I didn’t respond other than ok, well the day of she‘s like where are you going, why are you all dressed up like you going to a funeral.…..lol If I didn’t love her but she can’t remember a thing. We got into a heated adult conversation and then when she saw me pick up my EDC she was like “ you’re not carrying at a funeral” I’m like really, I’ll see you when I get back.

Now I say yes because we got divorced in 1993 and my son is 32. While I will know people attending there will be others I do not know. So sorry not sorry for carrying.
Carry and don't worry.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
only time I don't carry is if I know it's not allowed, Airports, the jails, that sort of thing. you are not suppose to carry at a polling place, but i do. the whack jobs are not going to open up at a gun shop, they go to the polling places and churches and malls
You can carry at a polling place in Wisconsin as long as it’s not otherwise prohibited. Such as at a school.

It’s one of two places specifically mentioned in the law, along with in an airport, up to the security checkpoint. I’ve open carried into the CWA in Mosinee several times picking up or dropping off people without ever having a problem. I’ve also open carried to vote since 2011, again without issue.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts