SIG Talk banner

Do you conceal carry at a funeral?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago I had to attend my son’s grandmother on his mothers side (one of the ex-wives) and asked my wife to attend with me and she said ”NO” and I didn’t respond other than ok, well the day of she‘s like where are you going, why are you all dressed up like you going to a funeral.…..lol If I didn’t love her but she can’t remember a thing. We got into a heated adult conversation and then when she saw me pick up my EDC she was like “ you’re not carrying at a funeral” I’m like really, I’ll see you when I get back.

Now I say yes because we got divorced in 1993 and my son is 32. While I will know people attending there will be others I do not know. So sorry not sorry for carrying.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
So a few weeks ago I had to attend my son’s grandmother on his mothers side (one of the ex-wives) and asked my wife to attend with me and she said ”NO” and I didn’t respond other than ok, well the day of she‘s like where are you going, why are you all dressed up like you going to a funeral.…..lol If I didn’t love her but she can’t remember a thing. We got into a heated adult conversation and then when she saw me pick up my EDC she was like “ you’re not carrying at a funeral” I’m like really, I’ll see you when I get back.

Now I say yes because we got divorced in 1993 and my son is 32. While I will know people attending there will be others I do not know. So sorry not sorry for carrying.
Like they say, ‘you never know’. Any large gathering is a potential target

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not surprised at all you went. It's called respect. Years ago when my ex-wife's grandmother died I went to her viewing. My ex asked, "What are you doing here?" I responded, "It's got nothing to do with you, I'm paying my respect to Agnes." Recently at my father-in-law's memorial service I carried concealed. He would have expected me to. Everywhere we went together, we both carried.

·
Registered
436 Posts
My wife and I went to both of my daughter's maternal grandmother's and maternal grandfather's funerals and burials, as I knew both of them well before I met the Ex, and out of simple respect for my daughter.

Some of the Ex's family hugged me and thanked me profusely for coming,
while others were cold and gave me "if looks could kill" stares.

Yes, I carried...

1 - 20 of 104 Posts