SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could be the most ridiculous question yet about Sig mags!

I just picked up a P320C-RX with two 15rd mags. They only hold 14 rounds! If I manage to get the 15th in, which is a real challenge, the slide must be open for the mag to seat home. Is this normal? It's not the case with any of my 1911s or my P938. Their mags hold what they say plus one in the chamber.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have a 320 carry with 17 round mags put all they've ever been able to hold is 16 rounds. I can't even force the 17thh round into the mags and all 3 mags are exactly alike.
How many rounds downrange do you have with them?

I have two 15 round mags, eight 17 rounds mags, and four 21 round mags - in addition to another handful of 40/357 mags. Yea they are can be pretty tight, but I've always been able to top them off with enough manual force.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
My 320c 15 round mags were tight at first but loosened up. I managed to cram number 15 in them and let them set a day before I got to the range. They were easier to load the next time and are easily filled now. Don't give up on them. They start out tight.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ding ding ding dinggg!!

Get an Uplula and call it a day.

I had a 17 round mag that would only let me get 16 in it until I used an Uplula.
^^^^^^ What HE said! ^^^^^^^^^^^

I got an Up Lula loader (that I thought was outrageously expensive for a piece of plastic when I bought it) and used it to get the 17th round in my mags. Turns out the new springs of new mags need to be "broken in" and it's painful to do with my dainty thumbs.

Now I feel as though the Up Lula loader is the best money I have ever spent on training equipment.

Yes, it takes a bit of force to get the mags in for the first few times as you go through the break in period, but no big deal now.

Note: I had mags made in Italy that didn't have this "problem" but the ones made in the U.S.A. have all required more rigorous treatment in the beginning.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The consensus is new springs, weak thumbs and being impatient. All correct!

I loaded fifteen rounds in each mag overnight. It was easier getting the final round in after that and I expect will get easier over time. The mag also seats properly into the grip now. FWIW - my new mags were born in the USA.

Thanks to all for the help - hope to see y'all at the range!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Weak thumbs ?? Uplula mag loaders will take care of that issue and a good whack on the butt of a mag seats in home on a closed slide BUT long term I insert a full mag in a slide back empty pistol and ride the slide home . Not a+1 carry guy . Easier on the mag and carry your back up mags in a full size or extended size as back up !!

https://www.amazon.com/Maglula-UpLULA-Magazine-9mm-45-UP60B/dp/B001HBHNHE

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I have a 320 carry with 17 round mags put all they've ever been able to hold is 16 rounds. I can't even force the 17thh round into the mags and all 3 mags are exactly alike.
Strange. I have, in total, 32 P320 mags of varying capacities. Not one has had this problem.

However, I have 6 MPX mags and every since one took some breaking in before I could load and shoot it at 30.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This could be the most ridiculous question yet about Sig mags!

I just picked up a P320C-RX with two 15rd mags. They only hold 14 rounds! If I manage to get the 15th in, which is a real challenge, the slide must be open for the mag to seat home. Is this normal? It's not the case with any of my 1911s or my P938. Their mags hold what they say plus one in the chamber.
That's not ridiculous, what is ludicrous is that in NY they only hold 10 :confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just picked up a P320c RX on Thursday. One mag held 15 rounds, although tightly, the other only 14 rounds. I loaded the one that held only 14 to 14, waited 48 hours and low and behold the 15th round went in. I then left 15 in for 48 hours and now the 15th round goes in with minimal effort.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.