SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new Compact Small grip module today and put it on with some great difficulty installing the take down lever. Finally got it put together and put 200 rounds through her. Took it home to clean and had to physically force the take down lever to remove the slide. Tried everything I know to rotate the lever to remove the FCU but couldn't remove the lever from the gun. I had no problem when I had the medium module on it but the small won't budge when trying to move it. Any thoughts of is it back to Sig?

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
It sounds like the grip module might be made just a bit short for the FCU. That would cause the TDL to be way tight and difficult to rotate and remove. The other possibility is that the hole for the TDL is just a bit small. One way or another, if it went in, it should come out. I'd try some dry lube on both ends of the TDL and keep rotating it while trying to extract it. I hope someone has better advice. Good luck.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Is the lever itself hard to turn or does it turn part way easily and then get hard?

If the o-ring and holes aren't lubed, the lever will be hard to turn and remove from the frame.

Sometimes the lever hangs on the guide rod assembly and you have to wiggle the guide rod up and down before the lever will turn fully down.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can force the TDL down and remove the slide but once the slide is out the problem is still there. The TDL is EXTREMELY HARD to rotate and next to impossible to remove from the grip. I will get a bigger hammer to try to punch the TDL out so I can remove the FCU from the grip.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Perhaps you are bumping the slide lock during slide removal? Remember, there is a bar that prevents rotating the TDL when a mag is in. I know you have the mag out but the bar is spring loaded and can press hard enough on the TDL to restrict movement.

Mine was tight when new. Took a few dozen take downs and a bit of lube to lossen up. Now I can shake the TDL out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I finally got it and my thumbs will probably heal in a couple of weeks. All it took was persistence and perseverance.

BTW, I prefer the small grip over the medium.

Reactions: KZero

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm curious. Do the people having issues have the gen 2 tdl? I have the gen 1 and never have and issue. I can see how the gen 2 can be difficult as there's nothing really to grab on to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.