SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find the proper attachments or nuts to fit on the side of the handguard for keymod. The nut tends to be too fat due to the backing they put on the handguard. I did find some nuts that will fit, but they are raised which leaves an ugly gap between attachment and handguard. I don't have this problem on the bottom of the handguard since there is no backing. See screenshot for clarification.

·
Registered
364 Posts
That is odd. I'll have to watch out for this when buying. Can't find any info on it. But.. I did come across this photo. And looks like there may be a special one piece rail that goes down the whole side? I wasn't going to respond cause I know surely I'm wrong somehow lol. But can't hurt to try to help since no one has replied. Hopefully someone else has the answer. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is odd. I'll have to watch out for this when buying. Can't find any info on it. But.. I did come across this photo. And looks like there may be a special one piece rail that goes down the whole side? I wasn't going to respond cause I know surely I'm wrong somehow lol. But can't hurt to try to help since no one has replied. Hopefully someone else has the answer. Good luck

I think it's more of a lower profile screw of some sort. I know there are different handguards, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money in addition.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I thought the same thing. But if ya look closely. They didn't mill the holes out fully. There's just circle holes like normal. But no way to slide the nuts forward to have something to bite on I think is what his issue is. Kinda like the false looking holes towards the middle. Just odd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the same thing. But if ya look closely. They didn't mill the holes out fully. There's just circle holes like normal. But no way to slide the nuts forward to have something to bite on I think is what his issue is. Kinda like the false looking holes towards the middle. Just odd

Yah it can take small profile nuts, but a special kind that are almost impossible to find since it doesn't seem standard? It's like they didn't cut them out for some reason? I am unsure what to do. The ones that would fit perfect are too thick, unless I cut them down? Seems ridiculous.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But the photo I showed is a stock model. Should be same handgaurd u have. There's some voodoo at play there lol

I think there are different variants. The image I showed was actually from online. There are other places that sell with the slot not cut out fully: Sig Sauer 716G2 Patrol Semi-Auto Rifle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wonder if ya can simply dremmel the holes a bit.. it would be hidden anyways.

I thought that too, but I don't want to mess with my 2k dollar rifle like that. Maybe the screws I can shim down, but seems like a lot of work if I can just find the proper ones.

I am surprised no one else has this issue or it isn't known. I researched everywhere and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ok I can see more in that photo. If ya compare it to the one I sent earlier. Looks like there's a screw that threads into the gas block area. And in in the rear towards the reciever end.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am thinking of just getting a new handguard with mlok if I have to so I have more options available

The keymod down towards the upper buttstock is the same way, but I was able to find a low profile QD attachment to work for that, so nuts could exist for it. It's just I guess not standard yet Sig claims it is.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Looks like the rail will fit all the way down the side. And these are the two screw holes that accept the screws. I noticed that the left hole I marked in this photo is dark in the bottom. Hence a deeper hole for a screw. Since it was flat dark earth in that photo I could see it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yah it looks like there are 4 screws under the handguard and then another 3 screws under the Picatinny rail, while one is under the gas section so that has to be removed to.

I looked at the handguard and there is no way to remove the backing section to the keymods on the side.

So what are my options? Keep looking for a proper low profile screw or buy a new handguard rail?

The screws that do fit, lift a little high so the attachment isn't flush with the handrail. So that technically would work, but looks sloppy.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not sure. Some pics may help. Hard to visualize the rest. But ya may wanna pop off the handgaurd.. then try to mount a full length rail down it's side like photo shows. Then see if it will slip back on with it installed. But I'm betting there's a special rail and screws. If try to get someone on phone from sig now that have have more info.. and see about sourcing the rail segment n screws. And show them these photos also

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.