SIG Talk banner

Can't decide if I like this:

2416 23
I think I do.
1911 Army Compact
Or maybe I'm just a sucker for cool marketing ploys and it's time for my first 1911.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,062 Posts
It's a nice looking combination of a commander length slide and officer length grip basically. I think personally, I would "lose" the Hogue rubber finger groove grips, as they just don't "fit" the picture for a $1000 firearm... some green G-10s on the other hand, would be appropriate!

·
Registered
550 Posts
It's a nice looking combination of a commander length slide and officer length grip basically. I think personally, I would "lose" the Hogue rubber finger groove grips, as they just don't "fit" the picture for a $1000 firearm... some green G-10s on the other hand, would be appropriate!
It's SIGs version of the S&W SW1911ES.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

From a SW1911ES Review-
"The SW1911 Compact ES features a Commander-length slide and barrel, mated to a reduced height Officer’s size frame. The frame is rendered from scandium alloy, a relatively new material that was originally used in the aeronautical and aerospace industry. By combining a small amount of scandium with aluminum, S&W engineers have been able to create a frame that rivals the durability of steel, but is significantly lighter.
For better concealment qualities, the grip frame is shortened about .5″. Magazine capacity is reduced by just a single round, and I was able to get all of the fingers of my medium-size hand around the grip. With its 7+1 round capacity, the Compact ES boasts the same total payload as the original 1911."

Sounds kinda familiar ;)

BTW: The SW1911ES is my all-time favorite EDC pistol. It's so thin and light, it's very comfortable to carry IWB all day. I also agree with you about the rubber grips...they gotta go :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wait, the SIG Army Compact is 'distressed'? I thought it was just a crappy picture.

OK Well that's just stupid.

OOH! Look..my gun looks like it's worn out, dirty, like it's been in combat. Yet It's brand new, paid brand new price and then some cuz it's so cool, Yo.:rolleyes:

This is what we want now? What's happened to us?

NO thanks SIG!

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
I've seen the green one "in person" at an LGS. It is really sharp (IMHO). I would love to have one but I can't justify it. :(

Reactions: Jonzim48

·
Registered
819 Posts
Wait, the SIG Army Compact is 'distressed'? I thought it was just a crappy picture.

OK Well that's just stupid.

OOH! Look..my gun looks like it's worn out, dirty, like it's been in combat. Yet It's brand new, paid brand new price and then some cuz it's so cool, Yo.:rolleyes:

This is what we want now? What's happened to us?

NO thanks SIG!
It's not US, it's THEM. ;)

The green Army doesn't look bad. I would lose the rubber Hogue grip and get some G10's for it, like Willard said.

·
Registered
23,653 Posts
No, the Army C3 is not distressed. SIG posted a crappy picture with a dry Nitron finish on the slide. They should have wiped the gun down before taking a pic. I'm surprised that they posted a pic of it since they don't normally post pics of special editions made for distributors like TALO. I've seen that gun and it is sharp. That green anodized finish is particularly sharp. And it still has the checkering on the front strap under that wrap-around grip so that is a plus when you put some real grips on it.

BTW: It is the same green anodized finish that is on the TALO edition M11-A1-AGF ("Army"). And TALO Army 938 and 238.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Dunno...I like the tastefully done distressed look...

I'm also a bass player and am not a fan of a purposefully distressed bass ( would only open one that is legit worn) but a gun? For some reason that looks cool to me.

I like the look...not overdone.

Can I justify it?

Heck no

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
1911's have a strange allure for me. I don't currently own any but I have bought a couple in the past, and I still look at them hard. I don't know if it's history of the gun or the 1911 equivalent of the Signess. Sig makes some sexy 1911's.
I know this feeling well. I bought the legion 226 sao, and was cured. It's 1911 like in how you carry it. bth, right now i can't imagine needing another firearm.

·
Registered
550 Posts
No, the Army C3 is not distressed. SIG posted a crappy picture with a dry Nitron finish on the slide. They should have wiped the gun down before taking a pic. I'm surprised that they posted a pic of it since they don't normally post pics of special editions made for distributors like TALO. I've seen that gun and it is sharp. That green anodized finish is particularly sharp. And it still has the checkering on the front strap under that wrap-around grip so that is a plus when you put some real grips on it.

BTW: It is the same green anodized finish that is on the TALO edition M11-A1-AGF ("Army"). And TALO Army 938 and 238.
Ahhh....That makes me feel better. Thanks for clearing that up GBIA :)

I was hoping SIG wasn't going all skinny jeans and man buns on us :D

·
🎖USN Veteran
7,017 Posts
I've seen the green one "in person" at an LGS. It is really sharp (IMHO). I would love to have one but I can't justify it. :(
I have also handled one. Very nice and the price was $800. As stated above, I could not justify over my current Sig 1911 Compact Nitron.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Oh....come on. Work a little harder. Surely, surely....you can justify a new Sig purchase. :money:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.