SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannot reverse mag release

19K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  HanSoulo 
#1 ·
Ok, so I have tried and failed to reverse my mag release. It is supposed to be so easy you can do it with a paper clip. All. I managed to do was bend up the clip. So I went and bought a punch. Bent that up to. I have watched videos and even called Sig. No luck with them. Can anyone please help?

#8 ·
I used the corner of my table to push the release up to expose the hole. Then I put the paper clip in and push it until i see the little clip that holds the assembly in move forward. Then you should be able to use your fingernail and pry that piece up.

#13 ·
Did mine yesterday with a small paperclip. Works just like the P320. I could explain but the youtube videos are much better. Mine came out very easily.

#15 ·
Well I've just been through seven standard size paper clips and they all bend like a spaghetti noodle and I can't get the damn catch stop out. The Sig manual makes it sound so easy. The YouTubes - I wonder how many takes it took to get one right.

This post has been deleted
#20 ·
X Carry. This is after the first round of filing down the mag release button. It still kept dropping accidentally with my crushing grip! So I went after it again hitting the parts that my skin wore off the sharpie coloring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#23 ·
They recommended using a T Pin in the armorer's course. I keep a box of them on my bench.

Ninety percent of the time it's real easy, but then there's damn ten percent.

Note on the old P250 grip modules, they hadn't gone to an all plastic design. You might need something a little stiffer w/ those.

#24 ·
Thanks that’s good info. I got more pleasure out of keeping the mag release where I’m used to it and fixing it myself along with the Dremel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#27 ·
So I had the same problem with my brand new P320 compact. I even had my agency Sig certified armorer look at it, and he couldn’t get it. So I bought a replacement mag catch stop and essentially broke the old one. Funny thing is the original had a hole in it so the paper clip went right through and did not release it. So that may be the problem for some of you. New one on top, old one on bottom

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#30 ·
I had the same problem. Paper clip was useless. You essentially have to not only depress the tab on the retention device but then wiggle it up and out which is hard because the direction of the hole guides your instrument to push it downward.
I found a pair of extremely tiny tweezers with curved tips and tiny serations. So i used one of the curved tips and put it in the hole curved upwards so it depressed the clip bit pushed the device outward.
I thought Id never get it and have to take it to the gun shop, but then all of a sudden it worked.
Heads up! Its not easy to get it back in either. You have to realize when reinserting that you are working against spring tension to reinsert the retention device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.