SIG Talk banner

Cannot reverse mag release

17838 Views 30 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  HanSoulo
Ok, so I have tried and failed to reverse my mag release. It is supposed to be so easy you can do it with a paper clip. All. I managed to do was bend up the clip. So I went and bought a punch. Bent that up to. I have watched videos and even called Sig. No luck with them. Can anyone please help?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
483 Posts
If you don't have it flipped by tomorrow I'll try and take a couple of pictures of one of my spare magazine releases so you can see what it looks like out of the gun. That might help you figure things out.

· Registered
36 Posts
I used the corner of my table to push the release up to expose the hole. Then I put the paper clip in and push it until i see the little clip that holds the assembly in move forward. Then you should be able to use your fingernail and pry that piece up.

· Registered
27 Posts
Good video,made the switch just for fun.

· Registered
175 Posts
Ok, so I have tried and failed to reverse my mag release. It is supposed to be so easy you can do it with a paper clip. All. I managed to do was bend up the clip. So I went and bought a punch. Bent that up to. I have watched videos and even called Sig. No luck with them. Can anyone please help?
Did mine yesterday with a small paperclip. Works just like the P320. I could explain but the youtube videos are much better. Mine came out very easily.

· Registered
504 Posts
Well I've just been through seven standard size paper clips and they all bend like a spaghetti noodle and I can't get the damn catch stop out. The Sig manual makes it sound so easy. The YouTubes - I wonder how many takes it took to get one right.

· Registered
7,692 Posts
Well I've just been through seven standard size paper clips and they all bend like a spaghetti noodle and I can't get the damn catch stop out. The Sig manual makes it sound so easy. The YouTubes - I wonder how many takes it took to get one right.
You're using the wrong paperclips- they have to be ballistic rated, forged stainless from West Germany. They can't be MIM paperclips. :p

· Registered
258 Posts
I'm a lefty, it takes a bit of manipulation. I've done it on at least 10 grips but it still takes me a few mins each time. Very frustrating. You have to push the retainer pin in while you pull the mag release out. Be careful, there is a little spring in there that has a tendency to go flying across the room and under things. :)

Reactions: ScottR65 and JMag1

· Registered
504 Posts
I'm a lefty, it takes a bit of manipulation. I've done it on at least 10 grips but it still takes me a few mins each time. Very frustrating. You have to push the retainer pin in while you pull the mag release out. Be careful, there is a little spring in there that has a tendency to go flying across the room and under things. :)

I fixed it by filing the shoot out of it almost flush, which is great because I don’t like to make any left-specific function changes on my pistols or rifles anyway. Except in this case using the Dremel to whittle down that insanely large stock magazine release.

· Registered
504 Posts
What model pistol are you working on?

X Carry. This is after the first round of filing down the mag release button. It still kept dropping accidentally with my crushing grip! So I went after it again hitting the parts that my skin wore off the sharpie coloring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.