SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard you can put tape, or what sounds like an even better fix - a washer, and stop the brace from freely rotating 360 degrees. Does anyone know how to do this? I like the whole form of the brace otherwise, without having to SBR the MPX-K and Canebrake of mine they are on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I heard the same thing but have yet to see how it could kick in place. I think it involves taking the brace apart and tightening whatever holds the brace itself onto the rails.

I have also heard modification of the brace in any way from it’s original design could be a legal issue of making it more “stock like”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
You may not modify a pistol stabilizing brace in any way that would result in a more “comfortable” shouldering of the weapon.

The braces are specifically designed to be used primarily as a one-handed operation.

ATF has ruled that an operator may shoulder a pistol stabilizing brace if no modifications have been made for added shouldering comfort and the length of trigger pull is less than 13.5”

·
Registered
40 Posts
You may not modify a pistol stabilizing brace in any way that would result in a more “comfortable” shouldering of the weapon.

The braces are specifically designed to be used primarily as a one-handed operation.

ATF has ruled that an operator may shoulder a pistol stabilizing brace if no modifications have been made for added shouldering comfort and the length of trigger pull is less than 13.5”
Tightening the screw in the back is not modifying it, and it does tighten it up so it's useable as both. It's what holds it all together.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Will the brace fully fold with the tailhook?

Wish there was a skinny strongarm brace that could be locked onto the sig brace

1 - 15 of 15 Posts