SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the club here.
I bought my p220 carry Sao second hand from lgs a few years ago. It is an amazing gun, but very unique. It has a beavertail frame and night sights that came from sig standard. However it does not say "elite" anywhere on it. I called Sig and they said that it is not an elite model, but has almost all elite characteristics. He confirmed that every feature on the gun is the same as when it left the factory in 2008 but said he could not tell me why it was different. I have seen many pictures of this same gun online. It appears several were made in 2007 and 2008 but no one seems to have an explanation as to why. If you guys here can't shed any light on this for me... I give up. I hope you can help.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
55,691 Posts
could have been a special contract or over run.

what color box did it come in?

welcome from az

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have one exactly like that. I purchased mine new in January 2009, and it was manufactured in August 2008. I couldn't find it listed in Sig's catalog at the time, and from what I could find out, it seems these were contract overruns manufactured for a foreign government, for either their police or military. That's all I could find, and I hope this sheds some light on it for you. As an aside, mine is a fine shooter, and is my primary carry piece. Enjoy your new shooter!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I just wish I new more about what contract it came from. It is my EDC as well and the most accurate/reliable/best feeling gun i have ever known.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just picked up this same gun 3 weeks ago thanks for the info. I love mine. It is quickly going into my carry rotation.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really don't like the way the beaver tail looks, but it makes a big difference in the feel and handling of the gun. I have a 220 without as well and I can tell you it certainly feels more secure with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts