SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm relatively new to the P365 platform (though I've followed a lot of threads here). I've got an opportunity to pick up a P365X. I'd like the option of adding a manual safety and want to know if the P365X will accept the kit.

Thanks)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Sure will. It's the same P365 FCU and the same 365XL frame. The FCU is designed to accept it and you can either cut a fitting notch in the existing frame or purchase an MS-notched frame and move your FCU into that one. The slide fits either way.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,004 Posts
Absolutely!

Reactions: Poppastar

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shop for Firearms and Accessories at Osage County Guns Here's where you can get what you need if you are like me and aren't comfortable cutting your grip module. They have the manual safety kits too. Good luck.
Thanks, that's exactly where I was going to look. Bought it. I don't take possession until next week so will spend the weekend reading past threads and watching videos to get up to speed. Trigger feels a little gritty but suspect it needs a pre-range cleaning and some rounds put through to break it in.

·
Registered
963 Posts
sure thing, two easy to use kits one from GreyGuns and one from Osage, both come complete with grip pre-cut and the safety and detent and spring, the GreyGuns uses a nicer grip module but that parts just My opinion

Reactions: Poppastar

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,589 Posts
Thanks, that's exactly where I was going to look. Bought it. I don't take possession until next week so will spend the weekend reading past threads and watching videos to get up to speed. Trigger feels a little gritty but suspect it needs a pre-range cleaning and some rounds put through to break it in.
I'm waiting on my 365 to get back from the Sig Armorer - I'll be posting if I think the result is worth the trip once I get a few bullets through it.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry moderators, I'm so used to posting P229 questions I forgot there's a P365 forum. It's my 1st one. Thanks for moving this thread where it belongs.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't find it but thought I'd seen some threads on the P365's guiderod/RSA and that the 2 holes had to be oriented a certain way? I didn't see anything in the manual (doesn't mean it's not there) on the subject. I didn't pay attention to how I reassembled it and didn't have an issue....

·
Registered
453 Posts
It doesn't matter which way the holes face. I believe that the holes are their to facilitate a spanner wrench to unscrew the end to access the springs.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Also note that the muzzle end of the recoil spring assembly isn't round. If you look very closely you can see that there are two flats on the otherwise round end that allow you to hold it with a wrench while you unscrew the round end with the two holes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
For your trigger, this video really helps

I did this on my P365(x) and P365XL. Much smoother...

Blessings,
DocS

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bought the safety kit and safety ready grip module from Osage. Thought I'd try coyote and a Talon grip.

Safety was easy to install. Hardest part was keeping the detent from flying out. Only thing I don't like is the safety can't be engaged on an empty chamber (i.e. trigger has been pulled on empty chamber). I'm assuming this is a striker fired thing as the safety can be engaged on my hammer fired guns after dry firing.

Put a few rounds down range today, what a sweet little gun.

Anyway all good.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Looks great! Glad you were able to modify it without any serious issue. I’ve almost lost that little detent on two occasions adding safeties to my P365s - by the third time, I started enclosing everything in a gallon Ziplock just in case.

The striker has to be charged before the safety can be engaged, yes. It’s a peculiarity of the P365 - my M17 does not exhibit this behavior. You can engage it with an empty gun, but you have to rack the slide.

Reactions: SoNic

·
Registered
84 Posts
The striker has to be charged before the safety can be engaged, yes. It’s a peculiarity of the P365 - my M17 does not exhibit this behavior.
What would be the reason to engage the safety without the striker being charged? It won't fire if is not charged.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What would be the reason to engage the safety without the striker being charged? It won't fire if is not charged.

Ok the M17 info negates my guess about striker guns with safeties, which is good to know.

So, and I'm not sharing this so others (not you) give me their holier-than-thou on how to carry, I carry my G43X trigger pulled on an empty chamber. I KNOW it's empty. And the trigger stays back which is another visual. Could there be a round in there? Maybe but I'm not sure how.

So with the P365, trigger pulled on an empty chamber, safety not/can't be engaged, trigger forward, what can I be certain of? Those who would never carry on an empty chamber would say they're certain I shouldn't be carrying for all the reasons that have been droned on forever. Whatever not for me.

I thought maybe since the safety couldn't engage I'd know the chamber is empty but quickly realized NO. Safety could be stuck. I guess engaging the safety on an empty chamber for me feels like another layer of precaution, but working it through if the trigger doesn't stay back (pulled position) I guess it makes no difference and wouldn't do me any good.

Sorry about that but I couldn't seem to say one part without the other.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The P365 has a small opening at the top rear of the barrel. This is a visual inspection port so you can see if there is a round present in the chamber.

Reactions: SoNic and Poppastar

·
Registered
204 Posts
And the g43x has a loaded indicator on the side of the slide, if its raised it's loaded and if you look you can see the casing as well. Nice thing about the 365 is that the safety can be engaged and you can still rack the slide, on most other brands that can't be done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts