SIG Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I received my P320 Carry and shooting it is great but I found out the other day it is actually a Compact and on the Grip Module I noticed it reads Compact Medium. (never really looked at it that close while cleaning)
The dealer said no it's a Carry and I told him to prove it.(he's still trying)
Well I know mine was built 2/27/2015 and it has two 15 round magazines. Another person at the range has a 9MM Carry that came with two 17 round magazines and his was built 1/29/2015.

So, I guess I'm asking for some clarity from you 9MM P320 Carry owners.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Last year the 15 round model was called the Carry. Sig renamed it the Compact and introduced a 17 round version and called it Carry. So my Carry is now a Compact. The slides are the same.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not according to the website. The Carry is .02 taller and comes with a 17 round mag. Full, Carry, Compact and Sub Compact

P320

·
Registered
265 Posts
Carry has a taller frame which carries 17rds, the compact carries 15rds but they both have 3.9" barrels and the same slide.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last year the 15 round model was called the Carry. Sig renamed it the Compact and introduced a 17 round version and called it Carry. So my Carry is now a Compact. The slides are the same.
Mine has a 2/27/2015 build date.

Slides are but the Grip Module is not. Sig Sauer rep verified that much. He could not tell me why mine was sold as a Carry when it reads compact on the grip.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not according to the website. The Carry is .02 taller and comes with a 17 round mag. Full, Carry, Compact and Sub Compact

P320
That is true. However, all of the previous carry models are still around and though the carry is now 17 in 9mm and 14 in 40S&W. So, until the frames and the tags that say carry for the compact models will be around. The new carry came around for Law Enforcement. As far as dealers are concerned. Some of them are using whatever means they can to sell them. While other just don't know the difference.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This video shows a 2015 Model with CARRY on the grip module. The accessory rail shows a big difference. I'm really not sweating it just that I want my dealer to see the difference. I told him a 17 round mag with an extender would suffice.:thumbsu:

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want a Carry grip module, do what I did. Buy a large grip module with the size grip you want, and trim down the from end.

The small grip size fits me best, but there aren't any Compact-Small grip modules available. So I bought a Full-Small, trimmed it down and also bought a few 17 round magazines. Works fine, looks fine.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Just goes to show LGS people may be no smarter most times than the average used car salesman !!

You have a easier to carry model . Enjoy it and buy some X-Grip spacers form the sig p250 as there the same as p320 and used the 17 rounds mags to make it basically a carry model instead of a compact .
SIG SAUER P250c | XGRIP

·
Registered
432 Posts
You have to be careful on this one, Sig did a name change and some dealers got the memo and some did not.

I have a Compact (15 rd version) and I have a Carry version (17 rd version).

·
Registered
13 Posts
The p250 and 320 use the same grip module so the 250 compact and the 320 carry are the same in small, medium or large. Magazines are the same regardless of rounds as long as they are compact/carry. I use 9mm 10 round and 15 round in the same grip without extension. Grips are different for 45 and 9/40/357 due to the width of the mag. JM2¢

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is true only for the 2014's the 2015's are full size grips. That's what makes them different. Look at the links I posted and you'll see that your 15 round mag will not work in the 2015 Carry

·
Registered
344 Posts
The 2015 Carry will have CA after the 320 in the item number, 320CA-9-BSS is a 9mm Carry with SigLite (night sights).

The 2015 Compact will have only a C in the item number, 320C-9-BSS is a 9mm Compact with night sights.

Substitute 40, 357, or 45 for the other calibers.

B is for contrast sights and BSS is for Siglite. TB is for threaded barrel.

Reactions: incogneato

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Mine did have CA as in 320CA-9-BSS but my grip shows compact medium and should read Carry. I didn't order a compact and I sure didn't pay the compact price. Either way after the gun shop verifies everything he will make it right. I'm sure he will just refund me the difference after all is said and done.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine did have CA as in 320CA-9-BSS
That leaves one of three conclusions:
1) Sig put the wrong sticker on the case.
2) Sig put the wrong model pistol in the case.
3) Someone swapped the grip module and mags (assuming the serial number is correct).

Good luck with whatever resolution you pursue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts