SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know, I am in California. Still waiting out my 10 days of background check to buy my 4th fire arm. Amongst the many hoops I must jump through as a law abiding citizen of this nutty state, they have installed a "bullet Button" on all AR platforms. A bullet button replaces the magazine release button with a fake button that has a hole in the middle where the real button resides. The only way to release the mag is to use the end of a bullet or a tool of similar size to depress a miniature button at the bottom that releases the mag. Mag changes take 45 seconds or so.

Many companies have tried to make remedy tools to speed up this mag change time. Mag Magnetics Inc, seems to have the easiest fix, but our fine legal system found a way to make that illegal to have on the gun.

Does anyone have advice on a simpler way to legally operate my mag release with a tool that is not attached to the gun. im ready to glue a toothpick to the index of a glove and call that a tool. any advice is welcome, aside from move to a free state. Trust me I want to. Convincing the wife to leave the beach behind is hard.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I hope they work out. it looks promising.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Hmm... you could make the same thing by welding a nub on the back side of a banjo pick.

·
Registered
815 Posts
When I was stationed in SD for a few years and had to convert my AR to comply to the asinine feel good law, I found a ring that you wore on your thumb. If you google search "bullet button ring" you'll find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a friend that added a short machine screw on the floor plate of each of his magazines. That way he can use the next mag to pop out the last one. I'm going to add them to mine at some point.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I use the UBBT (ultimate bullet button tool) on my mags. It's a peg, added to a Magpul ranger plate. You'll have to figure out a new swap procedure, but it's a workable solution.

Rich

·
Registered
710 Posts
I guess if you are staying, you will have strap a peg to your thumb and practice with it. Funny thing is that Jerry Miculek could outshoot most of us with ARs using a revolver and speedloaders. Don't let Feinstein or Pelosi or Boxer see a video of him in action or speed loaders will be banned next.

Mike

·
Registered
76 Posts
That is exactly what happened several years back. A senator saw a newspiece about these "bullet buttons" in California and tried very hard to introduce a bill against it. This senator attempted to get all his cohorts to vote for it and lost. He tried the second time and the bill was getting a lot of support...... Then the FBI arrested the senator (Leland Yee) for accepting bribes and illegal importation for guns. When he was arrested he was running for Secretary of State. He even refused to get his name off the ballot. Real classy.

·
Registered
22,021 Posts
My GOD!!

When the f&#@k is that state going to finally fall into the ocean?!?!?

Reactions: marjsimmons

·
Registered
619 Posts
What kind of people would vote to keep such traitors in office. There should be a limit on terms to prevent scumbag commie politicians from staying in office year after year.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
My GOD!!

When the f&#@k is that state going to finally fall into the ocean?!?!?

Sometimes I find myself sort of hoping that loon in North Korea perfects his long-range ICBMs with nuclear payload capability and nukes the hell out of Southern California. :mad:
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe it was Ripley that said "you have to nuke the site from orbit...it's the only way to be sure".

·
Registered
815 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts