SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
🎖USAF Veteran
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gunslinger has Cabot, Wilson Combat, and Nighthawks in stock and the drool factor is high. They always have nice stuff, but I didn't know they started carrying Cabot guns, now I am going to have to save extra harder then ever if I want a some bling by this summer.

·
Registered
23,603 Posts
Hey, Big Spender! ;)

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
The former owner of Alchemy Arms is now the executive director for Cabot.
Alchemy Arms has done some incredible pieces I've seen on the 1911 forum.
He is a master at arms and now in charge of the most precise 1911 company.
Cabot is known for their tolerances and fitting.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The former owner of Alchemy Arms is now the executive director for Cabot.
Alchemy Arms has done some incredible pieces I've seen on the 1911 forum.
He is a master at arms and now in charge of the most precise 1911 company.
Cabot is known for their tolerances and fitting.

Yep (ACW) Rob does awesome work he built this Custom Colt XSE Lightweight Commander for me, I did the bobtail and Rob did everything else except the snakeskin treatment on the frontstrap which he sent it to Neal Keller for. I had him custom shape the beavertail because I don'y like how far the the standard ones stick out. The entire gun is hard chrome plated and the grips are Titanium and done by Midnight Sun. The trigger breaks like a glass rod at 2.5 to 3 pounds. :cool:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yep (ACW) Rob does awesome work he built this Custom Colt XSE Lightweight Commander for me, I did the bobtail and Rob did everything else except the snakeskin treatment on the frontstrap which he sent it to Neal Keller for. I had him custom shape the beavertail because I don'y like how far the the standard ones stick out. The entire gun is hard chrome plated and the grips are Titanium and done by Midnight Sun. The trigger breaks like a glass rod at 2.5 to 3 pounds. :cool:

That is GORGEOUS!!!! Do you mind revealing what something like that costs?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I bought the gun new it was the 100 years of service model I shot one mag through it and then tore it completely down and bobbed the grip then shipped it to Rob.
The gun was just under 1K I purchased all the internals, controls, sights, trigger, hammer etc and sent them with the gun to Rob. the parts are all Ed Brown, EGW, 10-8, WC, Wolff, Trijicon and I have no idea exactly what I paid for all that stuff. Rob charged me right around $875 for his work because with sending it to Neal Keller (Neal charged $210 for what he did) and the hard chroming it took a lot longer than he anticipated so he cut me a break. :)
Total cost of the gun, the parts and the work would be somewhere in the range of $2500 - $2800 and to me worth every penny.

Theres a lot of little things that can go unnoticed, the bottom edges of the slide are beveled, ball cuts on the front of the slide, all roll marks removed, barrel is crowned, beveled mag release hole and slide stop hole, serrated slide top, serrated rear of slide, custom shaped beavertail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.