SIG Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have first hand experiences with the CAA MCK- the chassis you can insert your P320 into and use it similar to a PCC?

Seems like an interesting concept to get in lieu of a true PCC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one for my G17 and love it. I’ve emailed them several times to see if they have a plan to release a gen 2 model for Sig. no response yet

·
Registered
733 Posts
Can be a fun range toy. I got them to throw in the sights and thumb rests after I left it in their cart for a week. They came back with that offer after I let it set in the cart!

·
Registered
77 Posts
X01 seems superior because you just drop in the FCU and slide but Im not a fan of the designs of X01 or MCK. The look like a huge hunk of plastic and i think it should look more simple without the weird forward grips. The X03 looks interesting though. I prefer the simplicity of B&T USW P320 grip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can be a fun range toy. I got them to throw in the sights and thumb rests after I left it in their cart for a week. They came back with that offer after I let it set in the cart!
Hey did you ever get a p320 for the mck??
I ask because I just got one, and the charging handle is grooved straight up and down, where as it's at a slant on my p320.
Called CS but had to leave a message.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Placed one on order- will report once it arrives and I get to play with it. Will be curious how it compares to my Beretta CX Storm carbine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
B&T UCW
Farrow Tech adapter
Tailhook brace

I dont like the forward part of the Flux, X01, MCK, etc. all ugly. If the RecoverTactical fit this gun, or even P80 I'd have one of those

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My MCK came in last Thurs. Just had some time to play with in the house, will take it to the range after Thanksgiving. I got a deal where it came with folding iron sights and thumb braces.

Initial impressions- is reasonably easy to assemble it w/ the gun. I have both a full and compact P320 and have only inserted it with the full. It comes with the barrel extension set for compacts- to fit their shipping box. Requires unscrewing 2 locking screws, extending the barrel extension then screwing in the locking screws in different holes. Not difficult, but inconvenient, especially if at the range if you want to swap between the 2.

Installing the sights and thumb braces was easy & intuitive to do, despite no instructions for the sights.

Disappointingly, it will not accept the Wilson grip module. I prefer the wilson grip to the OEM version, but truth be told, I shoot well with the OEM. So for me, this will require an additional step to swap grip modules when I want to shoot this.

Another thing I noticed, it is tough to activate the slide release, especially with an empty mag in the gun. Locking the slide back with the slide release seemed to no issue.

The extra mag holder is friction only. Time will tell if this becomes a problem.

The arm brace when folded prevents a right hander from shooting the gun.

I put an TRL 1 weapon light I had laying around on the left Side Picatinny rail in lieu of the thumb brace. Seems to work fine and for me at least eliminates the need to buy their light.

I’ll report back after I get to the range.

Have a Happy & safe Thanksgiving
D803313F-9585-4757-B8B2-072CB4C19812.jpeg
A519D324-AE9B-4D76-9FD2-8AC3EBEB7AD5.jpeg
7CE2FDB2-7CE7-4251-80C3-64B51F5691FE.jpeg

·
Registered
733 Posts
The grey and black work well together.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Took it for a short run on the range after we set up for tomorrow’s IDPA match.

overall a fun way to use my SIG 320.

a few takeaway:

ETS mags are, shall we say, crap. Bought a high cap as they were available- they didn’t operate well, frequently double feeding, or prematurely locking the slide back. I think the follower is the culprit, but this is another thread....... My 21 round sig mags should be here Monday and solve this problem.

It screams for a red dot. That’s coming, but the iron sights were low for me. Am working it to see if I can get it dialed in. Didn’t want to waste ammo in this current ammo deficit.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I use only the Sig 21 round capacity and have had good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts