SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,849 Posts
If you get a standard nitron P239 it's compliant. It's been grandfathered so it doesn't have specific skew numbers like newer guns with LCI's and mag disco's. The ones that aren't compliant are the oddball models: Tactical, Rainbow, etc…

·
Premium Member
21,849 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks bblr .. I have recently ordered a 239 Tactical and its on its way. As a 357Sig fan I wished I had got one in 357 instead. I have seen some CA Compliant P239s in 357 out there and I wasn't sure if there was a reason I should stay away from the CA ones. I am not in CA nor do I plan to ever be there. So I don't really care if its CA compliant or not.

·
Premium Member
21,849 Posts
For the P239, the CA compliant model is the same as everyone else gets. For other guns like the P226 and P229, CA compliant models get you the LCI, mag disconnect, and 10-round mags. It just depends…

Congrats on your Tactical. I've been trying to find a slide to convert my P239. The CA compliant issue only affects sales from a dealer. Consignments and private-party transfers are exempt from the roster. So I can switch my slide and be able to sell to another CA resident if I choose.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, thats good to hear on the CA version. Still need to get the Tactical in hand before I look at getting a second one. I will be looking for a regular barrel too. Might be a long time before I can get a suppressor to use the TB.

·
Premium Member
21,849 Posts
Edit: Not the P239, apparently...
The P239 is still in its original form from when the roster was created. Hence, the roster listing for it is vague (just as all SIGs were originally), and the gun has been unchanged. It continues to be grandfathered as SIG continues to pay the fees. Several SIGs (P225 and P228 for example) were removed because SIG did not pay renewal fees for guns they did not produce any longer. The P226 and P229 were required to meet the new requirements (LCI and mag disco) because SIG modified them from their original grandfathered form (short extractor). The new requirement is microstamping, and no one is able to do that, thus no Legions or Gen 4 Glocks in CA.

·
Registered
890 Posts
FYI, here are *all* the 9mm Sig pistols that can be purchased new in CA.

One can get others by a person-to-person transfer - usually with a) somebody from out of state or b) a LEO or other excluded type. But, obviously, the supply is limited - for example, Legions go for >$2,000. P320s for > $1,000.

I'm lucky enough to have an M11-A1 and P227 Carry - purchased based on a 'loop hole' that has now been closed. I'll be moving to Oregon sometime soon and will walk into a shop and walk out with two guns on day one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.