SIG Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've signed up with a number of businesses to be notified when specific types of primers come in stock, but I always get beat out by other buyers and they're out of stock again before I can react. For example, last week I happened to be looking at emails when one popped up showing small pistol primers in stock at a major online retailer. I was at the site within three minutes, but the primers were already out of stock again. I'm wondering how that happens. Is it just that there happens to be a bunch of people who are quicker on the draw than I am, or are there some kind of automatic purchasing software programs/apps out there? Of course I'd like to be able to buy primers, but I'm mainly just curious about how others seem to be able to respond to the in-stock notifications so fast. What am I missing?

Griff

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
They are likely quicker than you. They might have their Email set up to alert them when said store emails them. On my phone I have it set up to tell me when I get notifications. I can usually score what I want or need that way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was signed up for notifications also. I checked 4 or 5 different sights several times a day and can find primers that way. I have bought 3000 recently and never got a notification from none of them. And I did buy from the same places that are going to notify me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've signed up with a number of businesses to be notified when specific types of primers come in stock, but I always get beat out by other buyers and they're out of stock again before I can react..... What am I missing?

Griff
I, too, have signed up to be notified when primers are available. Years ago I found this reloading website and recently this thread (Where are Reloading Components Available. (Not a Discussion Thread, Link Required)) beats those notifications by hours. Yes, by hours.

Good luck!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Don't discount any local sources if you have any. I was lucky to score 9,000 LPP at almost pre-panic buying prices from an ad by an individual in floridaguntrader.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I was sitting waiting in a doctors office and just decided to check a couple of sites for availability and found one to have Federal SPP available with a 10 box limit. I grabbed 5...just before the nurse called me in! Just need to check now and then.

·
Registered
I ❤ SIGs
86 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Everything will be sold out by the time the shop's emails get to you. The reddit reloading discord will get you notifications much sooner

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your advice paid off! As of this writing, CCI 500 small pistol primers are in stock at Brownells: HERE.

They aren't cheap, but I was getting desperate. At least I will be able to shoot again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I snagged 1000 small pistol from Midway yesterday. That is their limit. Went in this morning and they were available again so I loaded another 1000 in my cart. Up pops the notice I can only purchase once every 7 days so other customers get some also. I watch Midway and Brownells and check several times a day. You gotta be on them or they are gone. So far around 9 am is the best time for me to get them. Good luck

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have bought from both, but it is cheaper to buy via Brownells. Plus, Brownell's limits are two bricks of the same primer whereas Midway only allows one brick of the same primer....

·
Premium Member
Sig: P226 MK25, P320 X-Five, P365XL - S&W: TRR8, 500 Magnum, Pro Shop Model 640
208 Posts
I snagged 1000 small pistol from Midway yesterday. That is their limit. Went in this morning and they were available again so I loaded another 1000 in my cart. Up pops the notice I can only purchase once every 7 days so other customers get some also. I watch Midway and Brownells and check several times a day. You gotta be on them or they are gone. So far around 9 am is the best time for me to get them. Good luck
I am a cynical jerk, so I wonder if the 1000 primer limit isn't to be "fair" but to make me pay the Hazmat fee on every 1000 I want to buy...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts