SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to sigtalk.
I am about to turn 21 and planning to purchase a P229 9mm as my first handgun. I love the grip, it just fits my hand perfectly. I am just wondering if the P229 is worth the investment.

Thanks for all replies :)

· Registered
1,541 Posts
Welcome from Texas!! To answer your question in two short words - Hell Yeah!!
If I wouldn't have one already I would get one in a heartbeat.
Got mine as a brand new CPO (Certified Pre Owned) FrankenSIG in .40S&W for $600, got a 9mm x-change kit for $200 that needed to be fitted.
SIG took care of that for free and while she was already there I had them add the SRT (Short Reset Trigger) and a .357SIG barrel for another $235 or so.
Now I have one of the best combat pistols without a rail with the choice of 3 calibers and love it.

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,104 Posts
I am about to turn 21 and planning to purchase a P229 9mm as my first handgun. I love the grip, it just fits my hand perfectly. I am just wondering if the P229 is worth the investment.

Welcome to the forum, from the southwest corner of Indiana. Basically, ANY Sig is worth the investment! I started out a little later than you, regarding Sigs, simply because at your age in the early '70s, I had my hands full with other problems, as the government was gleefully supplying all the weapons and ammunition, I needed... Lol! I got my first 2 Sigs, a P220, and P226 in '90/'91. The only Sig I have ever sold was a P232, and that was because I wanted a compact 9mm that was the same size or smaller than the P232s .380 ACP! And at that time the 938 and 290 weren't even on the drawing board.

Hopefully in another 40+ years, you can regale to a younger generation, the stories about your experiences with your first Sig, which could still be there within reach!

Good Luck! By the way, here are my first 2... dressed a little differently than when purchased.

Attachments

Reactions: Navy diver

· P228 Sherpa
8,144 Posts

Invest your time and effort in learning, yes.
But, if you think of it as somehow being able to make a profit down the road, then absolutely no. There are tons of these guns out there. The demand for these guns will never exceed the supply, ever.

· 🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Welcome from Florida

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.