SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just lined up a purchase for a sig 1911 Ultra compact nitron for around $1,600 — $1,800 after all’s said and done, but i only just checked the msrb on these and it turns out, according to gun genius, it’s more in the ballpark of $900. needless to say i’m feeling a bit hoodwinked. is there anything that might justify the price i committed to that i’m just ignorant to or have i made a mistake?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since they are no longer in production, it's up to the buyer to do some homework as to current prices. $1600 - $1800 sounds a little high; however, I haven't priced the SIG UC lately.

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
Hard pass on that one based on price. SIG 1911's look good on the outside, no question. On the single SIG 1911 I worked on, I was frankly unimpressed . . . and I'm a Sig guy. Inside workmanship and MIM parts were sub-par.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hard pass on that one based on price. SIG 1911's look good on the outside, no question. On the single SIG 1911 I worked on, I was frankly unimpressed . . . and I'm a Sig guy. Inside workmanship and MIM parts were sub-par.
and this was the 1911 series aka “ultra compact” or, the traditional 1911 ? because iv looked into it and apparently what sig refers to as “enhancements” for the 1911 series include a different extractor, different frames, and different barrel lengths. so for example that mim might be different.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Too high for me. I stalked GB for mine at $900 in Feb. It wasn't NOS but looked unfired. Offering this just as a reference point because I still feel like I over paid.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine runs like a clock. The barrel locks up very tight which reflects in the consistency of round placement. No issues at all with remanufactured range ammo or HSTs. I do use Wilson mags but that's personal bias.

·
Registered
229 Posts
When I really want a particular gun I don't quibble over $100 or $200, especially if the gun in question is no longer in production. . I see a few of the SIG Sauer 1911 Ultra Compacts going for around $1300. If you throw in a coupe mags and a case then $1600 is not that outrageous. A bit above market maybe, but not egregiously so. And if it's new or new/old stock vs. used and worn... Not so bad at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I really want a particular gun I don't quibble over $100 or $200, especially if the gun in question is no longer in production. . I see a few of the SIG Sauer 1911 Ultra Compacts going for around $1300. If you throw in a coupe mags and a case then $1600 is not that outrageous. A bit above market maybe, but not egregiously so. And if it's new or new/old stock vs. used and worn... Not so bad at all.
thank you

·
Registered
186 Posts
hey guys, i just lined up a purchase for a sig 1911 Ultra compact nitron for around $1,600 — $1,800 after all’s said and done, but i only just checked the msrb on these and it turns out, according to gun genius, it’s more in the ballpark of $900. needless to say i’m feeling a bit hoodwinked. is there anything that might justify the price i committed to that i’m just ignorant to or have i made a mistake?
The justification for the price you committed to is the concept of keeping your word. A deal is a deal.

One of the hardest things that I've had to learn is to stop shopping once I have bought. Can you keep looking and find a better deal, sure.

I'm not belittling anyone who has posted better deals but I would recognize that this is just the way of the firearms forums. If I told you that I found a pistol laying in a bar ditch the next poster would have a story about how his bar ditch find was sitting on 6 cases of ammo.

Take solace in knowing that your SIG Ultra is a fine pistol. You will have years of enjoyment long after you have forgot the price you paid.

Now admittedly we are not all wired the same way. If you simply can't stop digging when you get to the bottom of the hole, look and shop until you find a like pistol on GB selling for a dollar more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The justification for the price you committed to is the concept of keeping your word. A deal is a deal.

One of the hardest things that I've had to learn is to stop shopping once I have bought. Can you keep looking and find a better deal, sure.

I'm not belittling anyone who has posted better deals but I would recognize that this is just the way of the firearms forums. If I told you that I found a pistol laying in a bar ditch the next poster would have a story about how his bar ditch find was sitting on 6 cases of ammo.

Take solace in knowing that your SIG Ultra is a fine pistol. You will have years of enjoyment long after you have forgot the price you paid.

Now admittedly we are not all wired the same way. If you simply can't stop digging when you get to the bottom of the hole, look and shop until you find a like pistol on GB selling for a dollar more.
thanks. i’m just here to strengthen my point of reference

·
Registered
114 Posts
I picked this thing up for $921 plus tax last month. It's used in pristine condition. View attachment 469636
There's a spot on the trigger. Just kidding. For the OP, I went to a LGS yesterday and there were two of these. One was the all black, and looked new; price was $1599. The second was a two tone like above and looked like it had been used as a roofing hammer; price was $850. The point here is that if you've found one and it works for you, do the deal. I wouldn't touch the $899 one but I'll call the guy on the other one if I can keep "she who must be obeyed" from finding out!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts