SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Can I walk to the corner store carrying consealed and buy a case of beer then go home and enjoy it.
What does YOUR state law say.

I know I could here, as long as I'm not already drinking. Can't drink and carry here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Washington state I'm not exactly sure I weigh about the law. I know I can enter any place that allows minors and serves alcohol. I can drink alcohol and conceal my firearm legally. But can't figure out if I can buy alcohol while carrying with a CPL.

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
I don't think there's a state where you can carry concealed where it's illegal to buy alcohol and take it home.

A couple of hours ago, I bought 2-½ cases of beer and brought it home. I was carrying a 220 and a PM9.

Mrs. Flash was carrying a G42.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
In PA, open carry is legal.

I can walk to beer store or liquor store with a shotgun in my hands. If you hide a gun in a car or in your belt with a shirt covering the gun, you need a CCW.

Very weird law!

Reactions: bearone2

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,563 Posts
I live in Washington state I'm not exactly sure I weigh about the law. I know I can enter any place that allows minors and serves alcohol. I can drink alcohol and conceal my firearm legally. But can't figure out if I can buy alcohol while carrying with a CPL.
that's interesting for wa because in az i can go into a bar carrying but can't drink!!!:eek::eek:

flash lb:
2 1/2 cases of beer should get you 'til tomorrow!!

Reactions: Flash LB

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Yes, you can consume alcohol in the area of a restaurant not marked as 21 and over. You can not carry concealed into any restricted portion of a restaurant marked as 21 and over. If you happen to get pulled over for DUI or as a passenger in a car and the officer finds out you've been drinking, the officer will confiscate your weapon, not sure about your CPL but I'd bet that gets taken as well. This scenario happened to the son of a coworker.

The rule of thumb should be if you're drinking, you shouldn't be carrying, period. ymmv

Ric

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I did just that this last week .. picked up a case at the store and took it home .. never thought twice ..

Of course I wasn't drinking when I did it !!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Not illegal in Florida to carry and buy beer in a store.
Not illegal to consume alcohol while carrying.
Heck it's not even illegal to be drunk while carrying here.
But you should exercise some common sense as to when and where you do carry.
But it is illegal to be in a bar at the bar. Sitting at a table is ok. I think only if the bar serves food.

·
Registered
680 Posts
In my home state of Pennsylvania its legal to go to a regular bar, drink and carry. And although Im sure its ok, the OP's question did give me pause to think about liquor stores here since they are run by the state.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
First of all you need to know your state, county and city/town laws and ordinances. In the State of Alabama, to my knowledge, there is no such law prohibiting this action, but state law does allow me to carry a concealed handgun into a sporting event, such as a high school or college football game, if I have a permit; however, local ordinances may restrict the action, and if I am caught by a local LEO I am subject to arrest for doing what state law allows me to do.

Secondly, if the weapon is concealed, and no one ever knows you have it, what difference does it make? I had one local city cop tell me that firearms are prohibited on all city property, but as long as the gun is covered up he doesn't care. Most LEOs are like this, but there is always that one who wants to be a hard case stickler, but, the law is the law. In some states carrying a concealed gun into a business with a posted sign prohibiting firearms is actually a law violation, while in other states, such as Alabama, it isn't. If caught with the gun the business owner/manager has every right to ask you to leave, but that is all that can be done unless you refuse to leave.

Also, most states have stipulations on carry permits which dictate that if you're under the influence of any drug (of which alcohol applies) then your carry permit is void and you are in violation of the law. Best bet is to not be caught with your pants down, per se, b/c then your a s s is hanging out and it is subject to be kicked, and then you have no one but yourself to blame. Like I tell my kids, never put yourself in a position to be dealt with b/c once you do, you have to answer to the man.

Reactions: 7.62Kolectr

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
But it is illegal to be in a bar at the bar. Sitting at a table is ok. I think only if the bar serves food.
Technically the way the law is worded is if the place derives the majority of its income from the sale of alcohol you cannot legally carry there. And you're correct you cannot sit at the bar in Chili's while carrying. But you can sit at a table in regular dining area and drink conservatively.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.