SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a P320C-RX a couple of weeks ago and have yet to fire it. It's intended use is EDC carry when the weather is not shorts and T-shirt compatible.

My remorse is due to my own mistake. I'm a 1911 manual thumb safety kind of guy. My new P320 is the non-safety variety.

I'd like to swap out the fire control unit (trigger group) and grip for the same with a thumb safety. Is there anything else that needs to be done for the conversion? Secondly, anybody want to trade?

Please - Please PLEASE don't turn this into a safety vs non-safety thread or a 'you need more training', 'you need more practice', you need to have your head examined discussion. There are plenty of those elsewhere.

Thanks!

·
Registered
571 Posts
There are manual safety models out there for sure.

My advice would be to find someone from Massachusetts. The P320 w/manual safety is the only model allowed to be sold by FFLs in our state. You would probably be best off purchasing a whole pistol and then parting it back out. You could likely get the FCU for <$100 after all said and done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought a P320C-RX a couple of weeks ago and have yet to fire it. It's intended use is EDC carry when the weather is not shorts and T-shirt compatible.

My remorse is due to my own mistake. I'm a 1911 manual thumb safety kind of guy. My new P320 is the non-safety variety.

I'd like to swap out the fire control unit (trigger group) and grip for the same with a thumb safety. Is there anything else that needs to be done for the conversion? Secondly, anybody want to trade?

Please - Please PLEASE don't turn this into a safety vs non-safety thread or a 'you need more training', 'you need more practice', you need to have your head examined discussion. There are plenty of those elsewhere.

Thanks!
If you haven't fired it yet, talk to the gun shop you bought it from, maybe they would let you trade it for something that would give you less remorse...just a thought.

·
Registered
932 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
GunWurkz outside of San Antonio has a 320 Compact with a manual safety. As of now, Sig isn't selling grip modules for the safety so you would be stuck with the medium grip or have to make your own cut out.

·
Registered
549 Posts
There are manual safety models out there for sure.

My advice would be to find someone from Massachusetts. The P320 w/manual safety is the only model allowed to be sold by FFLs in our state. You would probably be best off purchasing a whole pistol and then parting it back out. You could likely get the FCU for <$100 after all said and done.
^^^^^ This is likely what I would do. Maybe keep the mags too though.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sig isn't selling grip modules for the safety so you would be stuck with the medium grip or have to make your own cut out.
I saw a tread on the green site of someone doing this. Came out pretty good. Didn't seem like too hard of a thing to do.

Also I have seen some grip modules out there that seem to have the outline for it but not the cutout.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.