SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought myself a Christmas present, a NIB Sig 22 Conversion Kit for my Legion P226. Never used it until this morning. After reading the simple instructions, it was supposed to fit the P229 also. Tried to mount it on my 9 mm P226 Legion, it won't fit, then I tried my 357 Sig P229 Legion, would not fit that pistol either. ***, then tried it on my 1990's German made P226 and it fit like a glove. Haven't compared the German P226 to my Legion P226 to see if it's something in the Legion's trigger assembly. Either way it's going back to Sig on Monday as soon as I get an RMA. I am not a happy camper today! Any thoughts?

·
Registered
143 Posts
The dimensional differences between my 226 and 229 conversions would lead me to believe that you were misinformed about their being able to swap.

Can't help with the Legion issue.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
No, the P226 .22 conversion kit and the P228 .22 conversion kit are not interchangeable - if you look at the two slides you'll see why.

If it fits your 90's German made P226 why not keep it? It'll shoot just as well as if it were on the Legion.
Considering you bought it in December you got a great deal at $179.00 - Sig now shows them 'out of stock' at $349.00!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I don't know if they have changed, got one for my 229 years ago, but the sleeve says "availible for P220, P226, P229R and P228/P229". Then there is a little sticker on the side that says P229R and it does not fit on any of my P226's, well it fits but doesn't lock in the right place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.