SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A search didn't show anything so I'll try here.

Wife has a new P238 in .380, sometimes when she's shooting it, it will keyhole when it goes though the paper target at about 10 yards, maybe 30 out of 40 times.
I shoot the same gun, same ammo and distance, and I do not get the keyhole.

New one on us, any thoughts?
Grip loose?

tia

Al

·
🎖USA Veteran
3,028 Posts
I can not explain why it is happening with her and not you. I would try putting something like cardboard behind the target to stiffen it up and see if this continues to happen. I have heard bullets can leave the impression of a keyhole when it is actually not what is happening.

Like I stated, I don't understand why it would be based upon the shooter. Were both of you using the same target or at least same target paper?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try having her grip the gun a bit tighter, she did mention she wasn't holding it right/tight enough.

Same target, same bullets, distance, she shot, then I shot.

I'll make sure she loads the bullets in the right direction too.. :)

Thanks all.

Al

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That doesn't sound right. Very odd. I doubt limp wristing would do that. Huh. Too bad you didn't have access to a very high speed camera to investigate with a slow mo video.
I haven't run into this yet so not sure what it could be, the guy who works at the range suggested grip also, we'll have her try a tighter grip next time out.

Thanks

Al

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I just joined the Sig Talk community and recently purchased a Sig Sauer P238 Equinox. I was just at the range with it and had the following results:
Shot the following ammo in order....
PMC
Fiocchi
Eagle
Speer

Keyholes
7 of 7 w/ American Eagle 95gr ball
2 of 7 with Fiocchi 95gr ball

Had no problems with
50 of 50 PMC 90gr ball
7 of 7 Speer Gold Dot 90gr JHP

~Lilbug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.