SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With P320 x Compacts being near impossible to find, I'm curious if the next best option is to simply build one to fit a Holoson sight:

• Buy a compact slide
  • Buy a x compact frame
  • Buy a FCU
  • Everything else

Essentially all I want is an X Compact that can securely attach a Holosun.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Doesn’t the holosun use the RMR footprint? What about a new pro cut slide from sig with the RMR holes or a Romeo 1 pro cut slide with a chpws adapter plate?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard mixed reviews on adapter plates, including snapping and cracking. Obviously not the norm but still, if it's something I need to depend on I want it dependable. Unless of course chpws has a pristine record, then maybe that's easiest option:

Wait for stock and snag a plate.

Edit: there is this post hat discussed the plates and needing an additional adaptor. Was curious that if for the price point it's just more secure to buy in parts and mill it after.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Why don’t you just buy an RMR/HoloSun milled X-Compact slide for your build like the NORSSO, ZEV, Grey Ghost??? If I understand correctly you haven’t sourced a slide yet anyway...

I wanted for my EDC an X-Compact with a slide mounted HoloSun that was as close as possible to OEM without the need for adapter plates that unlike the newer RXP/Pro LE/AXG/Pro-Cut slides also included recoil posts and an RMR specific optic pocket and ended up with the ZEV Octane Slide and ZEV Pro barrel (both made by SIG and finished by ZEV) on my X-Compact FCU and grip module with all stock internals...

You would need to buy:

RMR cut 3.6” slide (i.e. ZEV, NORSSO, GGP)
Extractor
Extractor pin
Extractor spring
Extractor spring pin
Striker assembly
Rear slide cap
Co-witness iron sights (i.e. Suarez Intl.,Night Fision, Trijicon, etc as long as they are tall enough to cowit)
FCU
Take down lever
X-Compact grip module
HoloSun optic (407c, 507c, 508t beware that “k” models have the RMSc footprint and won’t fit the RMR cut)

Most internals are available through the SIG small parts shopper and in stock as I type.

ZEV Octane X-Compact 3.6” slide w/ 508t V2

NORSSO Reptile X-Compact 3.6” slide w/ 507c V2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
miula says,

You would need to buy:

OK...Now tell him how much all those goodie + the Holosun will cost him in the end....Drum Roll Please...LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And if your starting from Scratch why a X-Compact 3.6" Slide?
if you plan on milling the Slide anyway for a Holosun then why get a X-Compact slide that has already been cut for a Romeo 1 Pro or a DPP.
Figure out the length Slide that you want and go from there.
There are more choices for Barrels and Grips with a 3.9" Slide than a 3.6" Slide.
Why limit your choices for .3" in length?
It does not make sense.

Sig's Slide Choices:
Slides | Parts

If you are planning on having the Slide Cut for a Holosun then you should just start out with a non optic ready slide $249.99
Then just send it out to be cut..you can even keep the rear sight.
This one is Coyote but I'm sure that Sig has a plain Black Slide too.

SLIDE ASSEMBLY, 320, 40/357, 3.9IN, NIGHT SIGHTS, COY

Do yourself a favor and go to Sig to check out some Slides to at the least see what you want.
However after you price it all out you will probably find that you could have waited for a X-Compact RXP with a Romeo 1 Pro for the same amount or close to your Build.
Between FCU and a Slide you are at $550.00
Plus you still need a Barrel, Recoil Spring, Suppressor Height Night Sights. Grip and Magazines.

When for about $900.00 and all is said and done you could have had this:
Ready to shoot right out of it's own Polymer Case...
I know you wanted a Holosun...I have a Compact RX with a Romeo 1 and I love it.
Is there something that you do not like about the Romeo 1 PRO?

P320 RXP XCOMPACT

The Romeo that I really want is the New to be Released 2021 Romeo 2
Check it out @ 6:50 in the Video..

In the beginning (not the end as the saying goes) Cross your T's and Dot your i's
Source everything and price it out.
Don't forget to add in Shipping which can easily be over $100.00
Builds from scratch are not cheap and always cost more than the real thing!
Check your LGS and put in email notifications everywhere you can.
Your complete P320 will become available.
I understand your urgency..Its hard to wait!

Then there is one last thing..Warranty and Sig Support.
With a Complete Serialized P320 a call for Warranty Service is easy.
With a hand made Sig?
If it is ALL Sig Parts then I'm sure you can use your Custom Works FCU Serial #
but how is Sig going to handle these new P320 Builds with so many aftermarket parts thrown together and then a issue arises.
Is Sig going to troubleshoot your Build?
OR
Does Sig have a list of aftermarket parts that they approve of and if others are used and the end result has an Issue where do you stand?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I Frankensteined an X Compact. I love it. I used a Pro slide which comes with rear irons built in (to a dovetail) but I had a Holosun on a Bobro plate on my X Carry. Worked perfectly. One of the nice things about the Bobro plate is that it comes with rear irons built in. I'm running an R1P on my X Compact but I've seriously considered cutting the rear irons off the Bobro plate so I can run my Holosun. If you find a non-Pro slide (no rear irons) you can run this combo w/o any issues. I wouldn't hesitate to use that combination in combat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a compact with a jagerwerks cut slide (top window and rmr milled) running a HS407, and suppressor height sights. Also, have a X-Compact grip module. A lil cerakote job, apex trigger...I love how it turned out.

·
Registered
313 Posts
miula says,

You would need to buy:

OK...Now tell him how much all those goodie + the Holosun will cost him in the end....Drum Roll Please...LOL
Hey, I never said it was going to be cheap,

I started with an X-Compact and transferred all the internals to the ZEV Octane slide, then added the Suarez co-witness slides and the 508t V2 GR (don’t remind me how much money I wasted going through adapters, 3x different slides and 5x different optics; I’ve conveniently blocked it from my mind and credit card statements to keep the wife in the dark for my own safety)...

Let’s say you got a CW FCU $299, X-Compact grip module $59, ZEV Octane slide $420, ZEV Pro Barrel $199 or SIG non LCI barrel $149 if you can find it, co-witness iron sights $90 - 120 and upper internals $129 you’d be somewhere around $1,200 plus shipping and tax and you still have to add the optic; might as well get an AXG Scorpion at that price point...

If you get a CW FCU $299, X-Compact grip module $59, SIG 3.6” uncut slide(comes with internals) $249, SIG non LCI barrel $149 (again, good luck finding it), co-witness irons $90-120 and a decent slide optic cut with black nitride refinishing $200 you are still around around $1,100 plus shipping and tax and the optic...

The cheapest way would be to find a post upgrade P320 Sub Compact, have the slide milled, add an X-Compact grip module and 15rd mags but good luck finding one...

The optic is not cheap, especially if you go for the 508t with a green reticle (and be prepared to wait) but if you want a HoloSun or RMR or DPP or R1P you have to pay to play...

The OP is asking for an RMR/HoloSun ready slide and that’s why I mentioned a ZEV or NORSSO slide that’s already cut for it but you could get an uncut 3.6” slide and have it milled to your specific optic of choice as well... In fact a did that with my VP9 long slide which Primary Machine did an amazing job with and got it back a week before the optic ready version was released (typical)...

Keep in mind my view on pricing is extremely skewed at this point after switching slides like underwear and everything pales in comparison to my CW FCU + Agency Arms + AXG grip module build and VP9 long slide...

IMHO an X-Compact with an optic pocket for an RMR footprint and a HoloSun on it, is simply going to be expensive no matter how you slice it...

I guess pay once, cry once (although I seem to keep paying and crying)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts

I have this its a 320 Subcompact x-change kit. 40 cal slide that has nite sights, I had the voluntary upgrade completed when I purchased the gun. Im using the FCU on the X-Five X-change kit so I no longer need this stuff. 3 subcompact 10 round magazines for the original SC grip, 1 10 Round Magazine for the Wilson Combat Grip Mod and a paddle holster. All for $500.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your help so far, everyone. I'm new to the gun world, and the firearms community has bene very helpful since hopping in. After spending a few months going to classes and testing different handguns, my grouping and comfort is best with the p320.

I'm wanting to fit the new Holoson ACSS Vulcan on my next gun, hence me wanting RMR fittings.

So far I'm still not sure the best and most immediate option.

Sounds like an X change kit and get the FCU and other internals?

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
You've chosen a great pistol, but that reticle is mostly marketing and really only beneficial on a rifle. Put a Trijicon RMR type 2 on it and have the best of the open reflex sights- best in reliability, durability, and water resistance. If the Aimpoint Acro P-1 had better battery life it'd be a HUGE seller because it's an enclosed emitter optic.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You've chosen a great pistol, but that reticle is mostly marketing and really only beneficial on a rifle. Put a Trijicon RMR type 2 on it and have the best of the open reflex sights- best in reliability, durability, and water resistance. If the Aimpoint Acro P-1 had better battery life it'd be a HUGE seller because it's an enclosed emitter optic.
Not to take any credit away from the RMR type 2 because it really is the gold standard for RDS and you can't go wrong with it; but all the reviews I've read and seen of the 507c-X2 ACSS Vulcan praise it for the ease of finding the dot, especially for beginners.. that being said I don't have any first hand experience with it yet and it may be very well be a gimmick but I'll reserve any potential criticism until I've shot with it...

Yes, I know they are made in China but let's not start that one up again...

Not everyone has the experience with RDS or is willing to put in the time and effort in practice that's required to have the dot present every time or the vast majority when you press out even though you definitely should if you plan on carrying an RDS equipped handgun...

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
Not to take any credit away from the RMR type 2 because it really is the gold standard for RDS and you can't go wrong with it; but all the reviews I've read and seen of the 507c-X2 ACSS Vulcan praise it for the ease of finding the dot, especially for beginners.. that being said I don't have any first hand experience with it yet and it may be very well be a gimmick but I'll reserve any potential criticism until I've shot with it...

Yes, I know they are made in China but let's not start that one up again...

Not everyone has the experience with RDS or is willing to put in the time and effort in practice that's required to have the dot present every time or the vast majority when you press out even though you definitely should if you plan on carrying an RDS equipped handgun...

Yes the Trijicon RMR type2 is the gold standard for open emitter reflex sights- love it or hate it...

That new h0l0sun reticle teaches/reinforces bad habits and could prevent a shooter from learning to shoot faster and more efficiently via Target Focus...

Target Focus should be the goal and spending the money on specific training is preferable to that reticle... But that reticle on a pistol optic is $mart marketing.

Reactions: BajaJames

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for your help so far, everyone. I'm new to the gun world, and the firearms community has bene very helpful since hopping in. After spending a few months going to classes and testing different handguns, my grouping and comfort is best with the p320.

I'm wanting to fit the new Holoson ACSS Vulcan on my next gun, hence me wanting RMR fittings.

So far I'm still not sure the best and most immediate option.

Sounds like an X change kit and get the FCU and other internals?
I guess it depends on how much else you want to customize. It might be cheaper to just find a full gun with a slide that wasn't cut for any optics (to be sent out to be milled for the holosun) rather than get the x-change kit and FCU separate. It's very hard to find any FCUs right now.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yes the Trijicon RMR type2 is the gold standard for open emitter reflex sights- love it or hate it...

That new h0l0sun reticle teaches/reinforces bad habits and could prevent a shooter from learning to shoot faster and more efficiently via Target Focus...

Target Focus should be the goal and spending the money on specific training is preferable to that reticle... But that reticle on a pistol optic is $mart marketing.

I agree when I first saw the new vulcan reticle I thought that it was neat the more I thought about it, it actually pushed me away as it overcomplicates things and will be a distraction. This is the same reason I went back to just Iron sights to begin with and the money saved is better spent on ammo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts