SIG Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a few mags destroy the gun? Damage the breach block? Might take my p220 to colorado this summer hiking....also considering the 147 grn hardcast lead out of my beretta m9 too.

Which would be safer for the guns?

· Registered
18,006 Posts
https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=402

Here's what Tim Sundles, the owner, has to say about this ammo:

45 ACP +P OUTDOORSMAN
255 gr. Hard Cast FN (925 fps/M.E. 484 ft. lbs.)
50 Round Box

ITEM 45-255

45 ACP +P ammo is externally/dimensionally identical to 45 ACP ammo and can be fired in any 45 ACP firearm that is in normal operating condition. However, the greater pressures and power of the +P ammo will give you greater slide velocity and if you are going to shoot more than a box or two of +P ammo, you should consider replacing your recoil spring with a Wolf Spring that gives roughly 4 to 6 lbs more spring weight than factory stock springs. A shock buffer might also be a good addition although it is not too necessary if you use the stronger spring.

I wouldn't worry about it in a 220 as long as you weren't running a full box through at a time. I would, however, run a magazine or two through before you go to make sure it feeds and ejects and shoots well in your particular gun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.