SIG Talk banner

Budget Night vision scope

254 6
In the market for a budget night vision scope.Will be used on hogs and yotes.Have a hand held thermal imager which I love.Cannot justify a thermal scope.

Whats the bang for buck NV scope?
Reactions: hauki
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've seen a few videos of people hunting in Texas with silencers and Gen 3 night scopes and able to video record all of it.
Amazing how close they can get when dark. I'm sure they stayed down wind to do that?
Some videos were of wyld coyotes and the owner did the same and took out a few coyotes killing his cattle.

At night in Texas you can sneak up on dozens feral hogs feeding on someones crops and a group can take out many feral hogs at once.

Can you say super B B Q time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My combo for night hunting hogs in germany is a leupold vx3 with a dual use pulsar fn455 electronic night vision with a rusan quick attack scope bolt on .

You should really consider a 'two piece' option since every ( affordable ) night vision scope i looked thru so far is not pretty at night and not pretty at day . With a bolt on solution you can have the best out of two worlds - a decent scope for daytime and by attaching the night vision to it a good solution for night.

·
Vendor
920 Posts
Have you looked at the SightmarkWraith 4k Max 3-24x50 Digital Rifle Scope?
Sightmark’s Wraith 4K Max digital riflescope is a harmony of technology, power and precision. In total darkness, the Wraith 4K Max utilizes an enhanced ultra-high definition 4000x3000 digital CMOS sensor to detect objects up to 500 yards away, and in daylight, this detection range is even further. The Wraith 4K’s sharp 1280x720 display resolution delivers crystal-clear imaging while 3-24x digital magnification gives users the versatility to adjust as needed. The Wraith 4K’s 850nm IR illuminator features 90 minutes of operating time on max, and its night vision mode and daytime color mode offer crisp, vibrant views of the environment. With a hardy aluminum housing, the Wraith 4K boasts built-in UHD 4K video recording with audio, 10 reticle options and an IPX5 water-resistant rating. Its rechargeable, internal battery provides up to 8 hours of power.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sightmark Wraith is $499. I saw it for $399 on Black Friday. My son has one and it works quite well within the limitations of digital night vision. I have a couple ATN digital and thermal scopes. Their Thor LT 320 series are around $1,400 now and preform very well. The 160 series have half the resolution but start around $900

If you are going to be hunting in any sort of thick stuff or even fields with tall grass the thermal is way better than the digital night vision. The DV needs infrared illumination and any vegetation between you and the target splashes back so much light you can't see past it. If you are hunting cut fields or stands with clear shooting lanes the DV is great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts