SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the local has this Browning/Sig .45 with heel release dated 1979. Good condition, 3 matching serial numbers, one magazine, and that's it. $400

1.Fixed front sight, no slide out- what to do with that? Rear sight appears to be able to be slid out for replacement.
2. Good price?
3. Can the regular 7 round mags fit or do they have to be specifically for the heel release?

I have searched but would like a little more info. Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
So the local has this Browning/Sig .45 with heel release dated 1979. Good condition, 3 matching serial numbers, one magazine, and that's it. $400

1.Fixed front sight, no slide out- what to do with that? Rear sight appears to be able to be slid out for replacement.
2. Good price?
3. Can the regular 7 round mags fit or do they have to be specifically for the heel release?

Regular 7 rd mags will work...no mag base/bumper pad installed!
I bought a NIB 9mm BDA (same as yours w/o being 45 acp) with all the papers, lanyard and two mags for $300 about 5 yr ago. But that was kind of a special situation, an estate auction. They had three, all for $300. I had an over sized bowl of Idi-oats that morning...and only picked up one. I found a 45 version at a local GS w/two mags for $450 a few weeks ago. It was in pretty good shape. I passed. I should have picked it up. But I'm looking for the 38 Super version.

The sights are actually pretty good. But I just use mine at the range, and I have shot it in a few PPC matches. May not work for you in a low light SD situation. I found a source for the mags in Canada...$50 each!! I have 5 now.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,034 Posts
That sounds like a decent price, I believe it will take original Sig Sauer 7 round magazines, as shown below with the baseplate retained by the bottom "leg" of the magazine spring. The heel release slips over the bottom of the magazine to hold it in place. The 8 round magazines have too thick of a baseplate, the reason they are able to hold 8 rounds.

On the sights, yes the front will not be replaceable, I guess any elevation adjustments will have to be in 2" increments by replacing the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts

2. Good price?

If you want one of the original SIGs, you found it. You mention that it is in good condition. It will be a great shooter. If you want some history it is there.

1. Front sight is fixed. It can be replaced but will need some drilling and gunsmithing. Rear sight is driftable and can be repleced easily if you wished.
2. Price is decent. If you are looking for a more recent it will probably set you back about $ 150 or so used.
3. Old original 7 round magazines are hard to find. I recently found 2 and it set me back $ 100.

I have owned one since 1980. I did some mod back then. I still shoot it. Tack driver. Good luck with it.

Attachments

Reactions: tdubya

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I have one.

Buy it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. Ceapea, did you block out some of the serial number? I know this one has more digits.

I know I don't need another 220 so we'll have to see. I'm gonna sleep on it.

Thanks for all your help fellas.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks all. Ceapea, did you block out some of the serial number? I know this one has more digits.

I know I don't need another 220 so we'll have to see. I'm gonna sleep on it.

Thanks for all your help fellas.
Yeah...a little "paint" editing. I don't do that nowadays. I'm over my paranoia...:eek::eek::eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.