SIG Talk banner

Brought a new P220 SAS carry home

3429 Views 23 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  TimKempAK
Funny, over the past few weeks I was SUPPOSED to be in the market for a p227. At the end of the day it felt like I was trying to talk myself into a gun that was alllllllllmost the right fit in my big hands. And over the years I've never been totally happy when I talk myself into "almost right".

I decided that the P220 is the Sig that's ALWAYS fit my hand like a glove and nearly the equal to my 1911s in the "I don't wanna put this down!" category. I also don't like rails very much on a gun I may carry(and honestly I like Sigs nice and clean).

Soooo...here she is. Fresh outta the box and after a clean and lube job. My new Sig P220 carry SAS. I'll take her to the range this weekend then most likely send her of to Robert Burke to work some QTR and action magic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Vigilant Curmudgeon
Say...Chris, you might be a Steeler fan...& you also have good taste in .45 ACP pistols.
Congrats.

Reactions: chris2814

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The P220 SAS is my EDC gun. Congratulations on the purchase! The P220 is a favorite with the Sig fans and I am pretty sure it will be your favorite as well. I use a IWB StealthGear holster which carries this pistol very comfortable. If you decide to dress it up try the Sig G10 grips and X ray sights.

Go Steelers!!

Ron
Funny! The piranha g10s and xrays are both on my list of things to do. However, these E2 grips are pretty sweet. I'll have to see if they irritate my big ole love handle once I start carrying it.

When I turned 21 two decades ago, my very first handgun purchase was a P229. That started my love for Sigs. But, I gotta say, if I had bought a p220 with a grip like this back then I MAY have never even bought any other kind of gun! LOL!

Registered
Funny! The piranha g10s and xrays are both on my list of things to do. However, these E2 grips are pretty sweet. I'll have to see if they irritate my big ole love handle once I start carrying it.

When I turned 21 two decades ago, my very first handgun purchase was a P229. That started my love for Sigs. But, I gotta say, if I had bought a p220 with a grip like this back then I MAY have never even bought any other kind of gun! LOL!
For me the G10's are a big improvement over the E2 grips. They feel a little narrower up towards the slide which fit my hand. Can't really explain it but they feel just right in my hand. If you plan on carrying this pistol get a good belt and holster. It gets a bit heavy when loaded with 45 ammo.

Ron

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For me the G10's are a big improvement over the E2 grips. They feel a little narrower up towards the slide which fit my hand. Can't really explain it but they feel just right in my hand. If you plan on carrying this pistol get a good belt and holster. It gets a bit heavy when loaded with 45 ammo.

Ron
Hmmm..... dangit you're gonna make me spend more money!:D

Also, I'm used to carrying weight. Both with my big behind and the fact that I carry my 1911's. The P220 SAS is almost identical to my bobtail commanders in weight. The width is different, but IMO not nearly as big of a factor as my old P229 and definitely not as bad as my HK 45c.(not a knock on those two, but it is what it is. lol)

Registered
Congrats on your new P220!! I've carried 220C SAS for years and she still shows no holster rash. These are great 45s!!

Cheers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.