SIG Talk banner

Brass Trimming with Drill Press and WFT2...

1500 Views 5 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Czechvar
I love the Little Crow Gun Works Worlds Finest Trimmer 2 (WFT2), but it can make for some sore fingers after a while. I'd read about some reloaders using Drill Presses, but setting the case length means resetting the depth for each case type.

So I got a Forster Power Case Trimmer and Colletts and mounted it to the Drill Press to hold the cases. Then the WFT2 goes in the Chuck. Now I just have to pop in the new Case Adapter on the WFT2 when Trimming different size cases and the length is set. Much easier on my fingers, and pretty fast Trimming. The brass shavings don't clog up the WFT2 either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,319 Posts

I think u be needing kewl stuff soon!

Reactions: Czechvar

· Registered
5,319 Posts
That power Trimmer works but would still give me sore fingers...
You're right.

I ended up buying some leather gloves from WalMart...

Fingers remain sore, but not as much.

· Registered
5,319 Posts
Bicycle part Auto part Technology Tool accessory Electronic device

How about this one?

A case holder that you can attach to a screwdriver handle...

It'll slow you down somewhat, though.

Reactions: Czechvar

· Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So in my never ending quest to keep my fingers from getting sore, I added in this Lyman Case Prep Xpress next to the Drill Press. All of this so far is aimed at processing 223 brass because I have a bunch of it. I wasn't sure the Lyman station would be worth it, but it's less wear and tear on me than the manual Little Crow tool, and makes the 'assembly line' run smoother. Seems to be a good quality tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.