SIG Talk banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
The P365 is superior to the PPK, in all regards. As for the blemishes, did you wipe down the slide with a rag and some oil? Now for the slide movement up and down. Most defensive type pistol have plan between the slide and frame rails. The pistols will get dirty from shooting and if they are tight, this will affect reliability. If you have a target pistol, it should be tight. The P365 and other defensive pistols are not intended for target shooting, reliability is of foremost importance, second to tightness of fit. Remember, no one is pulling up on the slide when the pistol is fired.
planing on getting in at least a 100 rounds over the next few days. maybe ask one of the more exprinced shooters at the range to take a look. but im fairly confident after everything i read here and places i called around town its normal. although everyone says it should have never of left the factory with those blemesis. the store i bought it has an excellent reputation so doubt they would have sold a used one when said it was new

but now i guess its like they say with tattoesl you get one you want more. i for sure want a PPK. pre smith and wesson days.

also want an old west revolver, not for carry but for collection piece. something like a colt 1892 service revolver. double action

·
Registered
289 Posts
planing on getting in at least a 100 rounds over the next few days. maybe ask one of the more exprinced shooters at the range to take a look. but im fairly confident after everything i read here and places i called around town its normal. although everyone says it should have never of left the factory with those blemesis. the store i bought it has an excellent reputation so doubt they would have sold a used one when said it was new

but now i guess its like they say with tattoesl you get one you want more. i for sure want a PPK. pre smith and wesson days.

also want an old west revolver, not for carry but for collection piece. something like a colt 1892 service revolver. double action
Shoot the snot out of it. If you have any problems then call Sig CS and provide pics. They'll direct you on the proper course of action.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree ...take it to the range and shoot it like you stole it. There is nothing wrong with your P365 and it might just be more reliable and accurate than anything you have ever shot then you might not even care if it has a few spots (I could barely see them but I am old).

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
I'd take the PPK over P365 any day of the week but with that said I'm not seeing anything that would concern me with these pics.

·
Registered
265 Posts
im not someone who tries to make themselves out to know more than they do or smarter than i am. if i dont know something ill tell you. conning ones self is not a way to become knowledgeable about anything. inexperience with firearms and not noticing the blemishes is the only honest answer i can give ya..

the blemish not worried about so much but if the play is too much. i one. dont want to have spent $600 on a poorly made sidearm. 2, i dont want it to fail me if and when i need it most.

ive called around locally and from answers on here it seems as if its not a big concern
Didn't you inspect the pistol before you paid for it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I can understand that friend,

after all ive read, researched and called around about it seems its no big deal. I took it to the shop the guy that sold it said the blemish can be wiped off. would I prefer them not to be there for $600 plus..? sure, but so long as it functions as it should is my only concern

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I can understand that friend,

after all ive read, researched and called around about it seems its no big deal. I took it to the shop the guy that sold it said the blemish can be wiped off. would I prefer them not to be there for $600 plus..? sure, but so long as it functions as it should is my only concern
Its a sidearm, not a Rolex watch. First, Clean and Lube the gun inside and out. Doing so might remove the blemish (which might be nothing more than a bit of shipping protectant the Dealer overlooked). Then Go Shoot it. It might feel tight. Typically it takes 200 or so rounds to break in a new Sig. That might seat your slide better (though it looks perfectly normal to me).
  1. The guy who sold it should have wiped it off before he sold it.
  2. The guy who said it can be wiped off should have gotten the “oily rag” out of the cabinet and wiped it off.
    1. My P365 was my first gun. The guy who sold it to me took 45 minutes unboxing, wiping, demonstrating, coaching, discussing what kind of free ammo he would give me and walking me through where to get training )after I did the 4473). The store was jammed with buyers but he did everything possible to make sure I was happy and informed. I had a problem with a Mossbeg I bought in November. He took it to the Armorer and had it fixed rather than making me send it in to Mossberg.
You can bet. I go back there often, and I didn't need to come to SigTalk to ask questions about my new sidearm.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Its a sidearm, not a Rolex watch. First, Clean and Lube the gun inside and out. Doing so might remove the blemish (which might be nothing more than a bit of shipping protectant the Dealer overlooked). Then Go Shoot it. It might feel tight. Typically it takes 200 or so rounds to break in a new Sig. That might seat your slide better (though it looks perfectly normal to me).
  1. The guy who sold it should have wiped it off before he sold it.
  2. The guy who said it can be wiped off should have gotten the “oily rag” out of the cabinet and wiped it off.
    1. My P365 was my first gun. The guy who sold it to me took 45 minutes unboxing, wiping, demonstrating, coaching, discussing what kind of free ammo he would give me and walking me through where to get training )after I did the 4473). The store was jammed with buyers but he did everything possible to make sure I was happy and informed. I had a problem with a Mossbeg I bought in November. He took it to the Armorer and had it fixed rather than making me send it in to Mossberg.
You can bet. I go back there often, and I didn't need to come to SigTalk to ask questions about my new sidearm.
Nice gun shop. I bought mine at large chain store. The guy threw it up on the counter, flipped open the box and said “here ya go”. Definitely not my first handgun, so I spent a good ten minutes inspecting it, which seemed to annoy the salesman. Their price was the only reason I bought there.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Nice gun shop. I bought mine at large chain store. The guy threw it up on the counter, flipped open the box and said “here ya go”. Definitely not my first handgun, so I spent a good ten minutes inspecting it, which seemed to annoy the salesman. Their price was the only reason I bought there.
Yep! The owner wanted guys like me to be comfortable at the same time as LEO’s and professionals can have exactly what features they want on their rifles. I paid MSRP and I was happy to pay - he made it worth the ‘extra’ money.

Of course, I buy my ammo there too, not at the range

Reactions: ralph.mclean

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've purchased a few guns from chain stores for the same reason...price. Yep the clerk gets annoyed with the inspection procedure...who cares... it's my money I'm spending and he's supposedly there to serve the customer. I actually have learned to enjoy it when they get annoyed.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I went with the SAS

thank you to everyone who responded. Im going to go shoot a 100 rounds on my off day. if all seems well comparing it to another sas im just going to leave well enough alone. the sights on it are a beautifully lite green in the dark.

I do have other people in the home. No children. but do you suggest hollow points for that reason? Correct me if im wrong but was once told they add a layer of safety in case of accidental discharge as far as going through walls and possibly injuring someone.
If you’ve got other people in your home, then you may want to consider making sure that everyone knows how to safely handle the firearm. As in they are able, should they have to, pick it up and secure it in a safe manner so they aren’t a danger to themselves or others.

And as others have said, a safe or lock box is also a good idea.

·
Registered
271 Posts
im not someone who tries to make themselves out to know more than they do or smarter than i am. if i dont know something ill tell you. conning ones self is not a way to become knowledgeable about anything. inexperience with firearms and not noticing the blemishes is the only honest answer i can give ya..

the blemish not worried about so much but if the play is too much. i one. dont want to have spent $600 on a poorly made sidearm. 2, i dont want it to fail me if and when i need it most.

ive called around locally and from answers on here it seems as if its not a big concern
You’re doing fine. Don’t let the folks piling on get you down. When I got my P365XL, a year after I got my P365, and not my first firearm purchase at all, and purchased from a small LGS I’ve dealt with before and who are wonderful to deal with, at some point between the store employee I always deal with putting the case on the counter and showing me, item by item, what was in it and then my doing the inspection on everything we both managed to not put one of the magazines back in the case. I noticed it that evening at home when I took everything out to clean and lube it before taking it to the range for the first time. This was a Saturday. I called Monday AM, as they were closed on Sunday, spoke to the person who handled my sale, and asked if they had it. She said she’d have to look around and call me back. She called back that afternoon and said she couldn’t find it. She contacted their SIG rep and put a request in for a replacement.

The point here is even people with more experience than you have stated you have make mistakes. It happens.

As I and several others have said, if the gun doesn’t work, call SIG customer service and they’ll make it right. And don’t beat yourself up or let others do it because they’ve got nothing better to do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only issue I noticed is that you said that you had not had the slide off and had fired 40 rounds through it.
First, take it apart, clean off the packing grease and clean the barrel. Grease the rails and use a few drops of oil on the gun. Put it together, then shoot it

·
Registered
202 Posts
Call Sig for a Return Authorization if it bothers you, but shoot it some more first. You shouldn't have blemishes, nor should the slide have ANY up and down slop/slack. Mine is just over two years old, and has about 3000 rounds through it, and there is about 1 mm, maybe less, of space between the slide and the lower, only when I press the two together just behind the front sight with my thumb and forefinger, is there any movement. (Your blemishes look like oil spots tho...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
no not yet. already got about 40 rounds off it. waiting for my day off to get what i need to clean it...that and waiting to be properly shown how to disassemble and reassemble it.

ive never shot anything but a revolver and that was many many years ago. have an 8 month old son and with the way the world is getting i thought it best to keep him protected if and when the need ever arises.

pray i never have to shoot it out side of the range .when i just had my self to consider i never even thought of buying one but having a son changes all of lifes perspectives
I went with the SAS

thank you to everyone who responded. Im going to go shoot a 100 rounds on my off day. if all seems well comparing it to another sas im just going to leave well enough alone. the sights on it are a beautifully lite green in the dark.

I do have other people in the home. No children. but do you suggest hollow points for that reason? Correct me if im wrong but was once told they add a layer of safety in case of accidental discharge as far as going through walls and possibly injuring someone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
no not yet. already got about 40 rounds off it. waiting for my day off to get what i need to clean it...that and waiting to be properly shown how to disassemble and reassemble it.

ive never shot anything but a revolver and that was many many years ago. have an 8 month old son and with the way the world is getting i thought it best to keep him protected if and when the need ever arises.

pray i never have to shoot it out side of the range .when i just had my self to consider i never even thought of buying one but having a son changes all of lifes perspectives

41 - 60 of 61 Posts