SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a brand new one 2021 it has blemishes on the slide and the slide is loose. lifts up and down . enough to where you can hear it.

is this natural or for the$600 i paid for it would you return and exchange?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
660 Posts
its a brand new one 2021 it has blemishes on the slide and the slide is loose. lifts up and down . enough to where you can hear it.

Thanks in advance
I have 3 P365's made in 2018, 2020, and 2021 respectively. They all came from the factory with a tight slide to frame fit. No side to side, or up and down movement. Do you have some photos you can post?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks in advance
Exchange it. Sounds like someone played with it and did not know what they were doing. Sounds like they removed the slide and did not reinstall it correctly

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 3 P365's made in 2018, 2020, and 2021 respectively. They all came from the factory with a tight slide to frame fit. No side to side, or up and down movement. Do you have some photos you can post?
yes posting now

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for the poor quality
IMG_20210606_192312646.jpg
IMG_20210606_192312646.jpg
IMG_20210606_192320357.jpg
IMG_20210606_192348517.jpg
IMG_20210606_192413304.jpg
IMG_20210606_192348517.jpg
IMG_20210606_192320357.jpg
IMG_20210606_192413304.jpg

·
Registered
660 Posts
When you say you can hear it, do you mean it's so loose it rattles? I would recommend going to a LGS and hold another P365 to confirm what your seeing. Also check with the dealer you purchased it from to see what they say. Ultimately if you have a defective unit, call Sig CS. In my experience they will work to resolve the issue.

Adding a couple pictures of mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you say you can hear it, do you mean it's so loose it rattles? I would recommend going to a LGS and hold another P365 to confirm what your seeing. Also check with the dealer you purchased it from to see what they say. Ultimately if you have a defective unit, call Sig CS. In my experience they will work to resolve the issue.
no its not so loose it rattles you can just lift it up and down a bit as seen in the pics. someone posted a youtube video about the same problem. for $600 bucks i expected better quality. should have just added another $200 and got the PPK. although i do love how this particular gun feels in my hand and it shoots quite nicely.

i just got it less than a week ago. i just dont want to take it to the range for 3 months and then after so many rounds discover i have a much bigger problem on my hands

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome!

I would either go back to the shop where you got it and ask if they’ll exchange it for a different one or call SIG customer service. In my experience - I have a P365 from August 2018 and a P365XL from October 2019 - they should come very tight from SIG. And the slide should not be blemished out of the box.

Depending on where you bought it, you may have to go the SIG customer service route.

SIG customer service is going to want good pictures of the problems. They will also, as part of their protocols, be polite but firm with you as they work to determine if it should be sent in under the warranty. Be equally polite, but firm in insisting that it needs to go back, under warranty, to determine if the play in the slide is a defect and for SIG to evaluate the quality control issue with the slide blemishes. They will take care of you, but it may feel like they’re trying not to. Just be polite, but firm.

Sorry you’ve had this experience, but once you get it sorted you’re going to really like your P365. The slide blemishes are definitely a QC issue that slipped past someone. Like several others who’ve replied, the loose slide also sounds funky. And while it might be within tolerance, better to have it checked if the store you bought it from won’t do an exchange for you.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
I don't really see anything out of line with it. I can lift up on the slide of my P365 NRA edition and create a gap, let go and it closes right up. It's not supposed to be so tight it could hang up during use, or when dirt gets in there.

Reactions: FastCars

·
Registered
133 Posts
Both of my p365’s can sometimes have a gap there too with the original polymer grip modules. They both function fine though.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts

Thanks in advance
There's nothing wrong with the firearm. Have you taken the slide off?

The lower slide grove is integral to the fire control control unit, and not the grip module. This has zero effect on the firearms accuracy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no not yet. already got about 40 rounds off it. waiting for my day off to get what i need to clean it...that and waiting to be properly shown how to disassemble and reassemble it.

ive never shot anything but a revolver and that was many many years ago. have an 8 month old son and with the way the world is getting i thought it best to keep him protected if and when the need ever arises.

pray i never have to shoot it out side of the range .when i just had my self to consider i never even thought of buying one but having a son changes all of lifes perspectives

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
There are a lot of good videos on youtube. Also some really bad videos. So watch how far they try to get you to take the pistol apart. This guy at Mr Guns Gear Channel makes some decent easily comprehended videos. And to just clean the firearm, this one show how far to take the P365 apart. If you have someone who can show you, even better.

Also, congratulations on the young son. Just some advice if you haven't already. Buy a lock box for the pistol. The little guy won't be little all that long, and they can get into a pistol due to curiosity. None of us want to see that happen.

People here can also help guide you through the cleaning and assembly.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
I really do not think that you have anything to worry about.
The Rail support for the Slide is not full length and the Slide rests solely on the FCU and not the Grip Assy.
The Grip assy is just located on the FCU and below the Slide also the Dust Cover is Polymer and so it will give and move.
I think that there are videos on youtube that shows how a Polymer dust cover actually moves when the gun is shot.
It is the nature of a Polymer handgun.

There are aluminum Grip assy's for the P365 that may feel tighter with less give.
But please understand that there are over a Million P365's in the Public's hands and as you can see in this thread there is some give with the Slide & Polymer Grip.
I am nearing 5,000 rounds downrange with my 2018 P365 and the FCU is more responsible for it's reliability than the grip.

I would say Go ahead and shoot away as you get more rounds downrange you won't be worrying about the Grips Dust cover.
And you are right..they do shoot nice!

Congrats on your new P365 and welcome to SigTalk.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I can’t get it to move much up, but can get a gap when I pull the frame down. It is just polymer and that part of the frame isn’t connected to the slide. I can do that on both of my P365s. Have almost 2000 rounds through my 2018 model. If it’s crazy loose call Sig they have gray CS and will fix you up quickly.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hard to judge any looseness without holding yours next to mine, but if it's reliable and accurate, and given your level of experience with this type of pistol, I'd say shoot it some more and then decide if there's anything wrong.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts