SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I currently run a 507K on my 229 daily carry.
While they are idea for a small pistol, they will work just fine on a larger one.

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Thanks for the info - they look very interesting. Certainly more substantial than a Zero.

·
🎖USA Veteran
4,561 Posts
Looks like they decided to get rid of their tramp stamp on the sides. Interesting but not a solar type of guy here.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like they decided to get rid of their tramp stamp on the sides. Interesting but not a solar type of guy here.
A button turns off the solar. I shut it off the moment I mount mine. Same with shake awake.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Anyone have experience where a non-closed emitter pistol optic (such as 407k X2) gets gummed up by weather or dirt and doesn't show the dot? Trying to decide if it's worth a change-out on carry pistol(s). Thanks!

·
🎖USA Veteran
4,561 Posts
Anyone have experience where a non-closed emitter pistol optic (such as 407k X2) gets gummed up by weather or dirt and doesn't show the dot? Trying to decide if it's worth a change-out on carry pistol(s). Thanks!
good question

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can only comment on my experiences. Rain is annoying when it gets in the back of the open emitter. Once is gets wet inside, you get many dots to pick from. The one to pick is usually the brightest one, but the confusion is real.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I did find this on the Shot Show website:

The Holosun EPS (Enclosed Pistol Sight) is designed for use on Full-Sized pistols. The Holosun EPS features an extremely low deck height, allowing for the use of standard iron sights for backup on most pistol models. The mounting footprint is the same as our HS407K X2 and HS507K X2 models, with low indexing lugs, thus facilitating the IPX8 waterproof rating. Other key features include a crisp 6MOA dot, Solar Failsafe, up to 50,000 hours of battery life, and Shake Awake Sensor. One CR1620 lithium battery is included.

Price: $369.99

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
A button turns off the solar. I shut it off the moment I mount mine. Same with shake awake.
Why would there be a need to turn off the solar? I'm assuming that the solar only augments the battery life (just like on the 507c - X2) - it isn't like you have to choose one or the other as the sole power source.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why would there be a need to turn off the solar? I'm assuming that the solar only augments the battery life (just like on the 507c - X2) - it isn't like you have to choose one or the other as the sole power source.
The solar is a pain. As ambient light changes, the solar causes the dot brightness to change in a way many don’t care for. Everyone I know who runs them full time, shuts the solar feature. Myself included.

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Another good question.

·
Registered
271 Posts
FINALLY. A micro enclosed emitter. It's about time, closed emitter was always the future. And it's nice that it uses screws instead of a rail, so we can keep all of our old adapter plates and milled slides. Although they might have just killed their own 509T. If they make a "400" style model with a 6moa dot, I'm replacing my 407k.

They've always used the embossed logo instead of the etched logo for their titanium models. That's an indicator to me that these new ones will also be titanium.

Reactions: GLD1980
1 - 20 of 73 Posts