SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

41 - 60 of 88 Posts
I would think that when a dept. gets a new gun that the officers have to qualify with this gun. If they fire more then a couple hundred rounds to do this, these guns should be broken in. I think when I got my compact and sub compact(been awhile)things were tight. Would like to hear if this problem stopped after qualification or if it is on going.

I've had my 9mm P320C for about a year now and have shot it in competitions and have used it extensively in my training classes. By this point, I'd estimate that I've got 5,000 rounds through it. From Day 1, it had issues with "economy" 115gr ammo. I contacted Sig and they sent another extractor and recommended that I use 124gr ammo. From that point forward, I had no FTEs until last month, when I mistakenly brought a box of 115gr ammo to the range and I had 2 FTEs. Concerned, I brought 124gr ammo to my next session and had no FTEs through the 400 rounds fired.

So, my experiences would lead me to believe that "break-in" isn't an issue since shot about 5K rounds through it. So, I believe this gun simply requires a slightly heavier bullet to create the back-pressure to function reliably. Again, no science... just empirical evidence.

For what it is worth, I clean the gun after each range session with Strike Hold Cleaner and Dry lubricant/protectant (great stuff) and place a very light application of Weapon Shield grease in the slide rails.

I am VERY impressed with this gun and only wish it would simply "eat everything I feed it" instead of taking the extra step to ensure that I have only 124gr ammo on the range.

I've had my 9mm P320C for about a year now and have shot it in competitions and have used it extensively in my training classes. By this point, I'd estimate that I've got 5,000 rounds through it. From Day 1, it had issues with "economy" 115gr ammo. I contacted Sig and they sent another extractor and recommended that I use 124gr ammo. From that point forward, I had no FTEs until last month, when I mistakenly brought a box of 115gr ammo to the range and I had 2 FTEs. Concerned, I brought 124gr ammo to my next session and had no FTEs through the 400 rounds fired.

So, my experiences would lead me to believe that "break-in" isn't an issue since shot about 5K rounds through it. So, I believe this gun simply requires a slightly heavier bullet to create the back-pressure to function reliably. Again, no science... just empirical evidence.

For what it is worth, I clean the gun after each range session with Strike Hold Cleaner and Dry lubricant/protectant (great stuff) and place a very light application of Weapon Shield grease in the slide rails.

I am VERY impressed with this gun and only wish it would simply "eat everything I feed it" instead of taking the extra step to ensure that I have only 124gr ammo on the range.
The wife and I have fired thousands of rounds through both the 320 c and sc. 95 percent 115 grain assorted brands. We have not had any problems with these guns yet. I bought some aluminium cased ammo to try. Have not had the chance yet. Have Been taking other guns to the range. Bought the aluminium for the purpose of firing in the 320s. Was afraid that it was going to become difficult to purchase ammo period if Clinton won and wanted to make sure this functions in main carry guns.

600 rounds of freedom munitions failures to extract almost every mag, with a new extractor installed by sig, 500 rounds of old wwb 115 no failures no issues, 100 rounds of milsurp 124, no failures no issues, and 50 fiocci 115's no failures no issues.

I am tempted to go run more freedom just to see if it works yet... but I think there is an issue with the chamber being rough.

The wife and I have fired thousands of rounds through both the 320 c and sc. 95 percent 115 grain assorted brands. We have not had any problems with these guns yet. I bought some aluminium cased ammo to try. Have not had the chance yet. Have Been taking other guns to the range. Bought the aluminium for the purpose of firing in the 320s. Was afraid that it was going to become difficult to purchase ammo period if Clinton won and wanted to make sure this functions in main carry guns.[/QUOTE

Last Wednesday wife and I took the 320's to range had 100 Aluminum 115 grain ammo and 100 perfecta. While firing the aluminium wife(using the sc) had one stove pipe(FTE). Gun was cleared and there were no other problems with the remainder of these and the other Ammo. Went to the range Sunday took 100 Winchester white box 115 gr and perfecta. Had no failures. All of the above ammo was 115 grain. FMJ. Fire a couple dozen JHP no problems.

Great read. I was wondering about this issue. A few of the youtube videos I've seen have someone shooting the P320, I'm assuming for the first time, and had a FTE. After that no issues. I do prefer 124 and 147 grain, but glad I saw this thread.

I have put close to 1000 rounds through my 320 tacops. (21 round magazines fully loaded) I have yet to have an issue. Only fired 115 grain Remington, Fiocci, Perfecta. Is it possible this was an issue with the early models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes! After reading all these posts regarding feeding and extraction issues, my P320 Compact 9mm will be my first and last Sig I will ever buy. My Gen4 Glock 30 has been flawless, my Walther PPQ, Shield 9mm, etc.. I just don't think Sig has it together with polymer pistols.

I just shot 400 rounds of my reloads, only one double feed and aside from that no other issues but still. Not sure I can trust this

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Yikes! After reading all these posts regarding feeding and extraction issues, my P320 Compact 9mm will be my first and last Sig I will ever buy. My Gen4 Glock 30 has been flawless, my Walther PPQ, Shield 9mm, etc.. I just don't think Sig has it together with polymer pistols.

I just shot 400 rounds of my reloads, only one double feed and aside from that no other issues but still. Not sure I can trust this
To be fair, I had a clean couple hundred rounds after, picked up each size variant in 9mm and have a P320 RX kit on the way. It's an excellent platform and all "issues" can be attributed to lubrication or break in.

Please do not discredit your firearm yet. Give it a full 500 rounds and say it's not a great pistol.

To be fair, I had a clean couple hundred rounds after, picked up each size variant in 9mm and have a P320 RX kit on the way. It's an excellent platform and all "issues" can be attributed to lubrication or break in.

Please do not discredit your firearm yet. Give it a full 500 rounds and say it's not a great pistol.
I just looked at a youtube and appearently the extractor spring from Sig was the issue. once that was replaced it worked. However, another user said after replacing his spring wtih another Sig spring, it worked for 600 rounds flawlessly and then failed again. another poster said he took the Sig armorors course and said the sear housing has too many springs and felt this was only going to lead to more failures where as glocks are more simple.

My Compact Sig 9mm works fine, only had one failure to eject in 400 rounds but still

I have looked at other gun forums. As far as I can see every gun has had some kind of "issue" fte, ftf, whatever there can be. That's why you need to practice clearing issues on a gun that is going to be used for self defense. The police do. I would think the military does also.

After reading this thread, it's obvious the Sig p320 is a total failure. If it works out of the box, it's just a matter of time before it starts to fail.

I will stick with my Glocks. I haven't had problems with those.

I was excited about the platform, but based on this thread, and the many, many others, like it, Sig is at an all-time low.

After reading this thread, it's obvious the Sig p320 is a total failure. If it works out of the box, it's just a matter of time before it starts to fail.

I will stick with my Glocks. I haven't had problems with those.

I was excited about the platform, but based on this thread, and the many, many others, like it, Sig is at an all-time low.
Had I known about the extractor issues, I would have not bought a SIG. I could have bought another Walther PPQ but this would have been my 5th PPQ and it was hard to get excited about buying another pistol of the same kind. I wanted to try something new but guess I errored. However, my P320 Compact works fine, only one double feed in 400 rounds and after this week I should have another 200 rounds through it. I expect there will be no more issues and if it works, I will definitely keep this and use it for a beater carry gun.

Pisses me off that I finally venture off into a new model and this is what I have to deal with. I can't use 115 grain? What?? Lock my slide back for a week.. what? This is unacceptable. How could anyone put their life in the hands of this failure? $750 for a lemon... "Tacops", give me a break! POS

Pisses me off that I finally venture off into a new model and this is what I have to deal with. I can't use 115 grain? What?? Lock my slide back for a week.. what? This is unacceptable. How could anyone put their life in the hands of this failure? $750 for a lemon... "Tacops", give me a break! POS
Yes this does sound screwed up. I know people will say was the gun cleaned before shot, lubed properly etc...but I have never lubed or cleaned any of my pistols and they work right out of the box. I feel your pain

So far so good with my 320 carry 300 rounds through it. I will update if it begins to have an issue.
Mine too is working fine but will not CCW it until I shoot at least 1000 rounds through it. I do not trust Sigs after all the stuff I read.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Yes this does sound screwed up. I know people will say was the gun cleaned before shot, lubed properly etc...but I have never lubed or cleaned any of my pistols and they work right out of the box. I feel your pain
Have you actually taken a look/feel at the packing oil that they slather all over EVERY SURFACE of these guns before they are packaged? It's clearly an anti-corrosive, ABSOLUTELY NON LUBRICATING fluid that's designed to preserve the firearm if it happens to be stored for extended periods of time. It's very similar to the stuff machining tools and vices are gooped with. I personally would not expect the gun to run flawlessly until you fully remove that oil and properly lubricate it. I don't think this is any different than any other major high quality manufacturer.

If you don't like the gun, fine. That's your call. We can't force you to carry it or even continue to own it but there are plenty of people on these forums that have put cases and cases through their P320 without a hiccup.

Like I said before. I started this thread originally. I had these FTE issues during the first few boxes of ammo. Was I disappointed? Absolutely. Do I still think the P320 platform is well engineered and something I would trust my life with? You bet. YMMV.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.