SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my wife to go shooting for the first time in her life last Saturday and again today.

With my new P320 compact I am able to put a small grip and the 9mm on it instead of my medium & .40 that I am trying to learn...and she can actually grip it pretty solid and likes it. Yeah!

And after 2 outings and a total of 100 rounds, her last 20 shots at 7 yards yielded this group...she was also not taking a long time to focus, as if practicing for pulling it out at night and shooting at a target coming down our hallway. Aiming down the barrel but not truly focusing. Her left hand is a bit weak and she's not accustomed to shooting, so she lacks some control on that side, but pretty dang good I think.

I've been told by friends not to sneak in late at night or I might be going to sleep in a body bag! LOL

Attachments

· Registered
963 Posts
Won't be long till you will be buying her, her own personal armament.

· Banned
6,262 Posts
Nicely done!

Reactions: SpyderByte

· Registered
9,034 Posts
That's great! She'll get better and better with practice, and you two will make a good team. I'm sure that there are LOTS of guys who wish that their girl wanted to shoot. That's good time together.

· Registered
87 Posts
That's great! She'll get better and better with practice, and you two will make a good team. I'm sure that there are LOTS of guys who wish that their girl wanted to shoot. That's good time together.

That is the truth. My wife wants nothing to do with shooting. I do get to take my two sons with me most times, so it is a good time with the three of us.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice! Did I hear that right, you have a compact/small grip module for 9/40/357?
I got a Subcompact Small FDE and put on my Compact slide...fleabay for $38 plus ship. Like everyone else I couldn't find a small compact unless I wanted to pay $$$ for a Cerakote version.

I originally got my Compact as a 9mm a couple weeks ago and that same week found the last decently priced ($330 shipped) .40 Xchange Kit online too, rather than paying retail price on GB.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is the truth. My wife wants nothing to do with shooting. I do get to take my two sons with me most times, so it is a good time with the three of us.
Our 14 year old does not really care at the moment, but my wife felt the need to know how to properly handle and be comfortable with something that may save a life.

When our son has an interest, beyond the pellet rifle, I plan to get a .22 250 (so it can be upgraded like the 320)...my friend knows a rep with Sig and he claims they are still in Beta for a .22 for the 320 too, but with the military thing now it'll probably go on back burner, if it really was in the works.

· Registered
17,388 Posts
Congrats to Your Wife and You getting Her out.
Have You compared the P250 Compact grip to the P320 grip.
I think the P250 grip is a little smaller. That might help Her.
Of course since Sig has discontinued the P250 except in 22LR
it will be hard to find a New P250 Compact in 9MM.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats to Your Wife and You getting Her out.
Have You compared the P250 Compact grip to the P320 grip.
I think the P250 grip is a little smaller. That might help Her.
Of course since Sig has discontinued the P250 except in 22LR
it will be hard to find a New P250 Compact in 9MM.
I didn't know they discontinued the 250. I did find her a subcompact small grip for my 320 that fits her well. I was under the impression that the 250 & 320 shared grip modules so the small we have would work on the .22 (if I get one) and I could use my medium on it as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.