SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I get the bug to buy a gun, it's relentless. I bet that many of you know the feeling. You search the internet constantly, read everything you can find, watch youtube videos, and wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it.

I am pretty anxious to hold a 365, and I'm also pretty impatient. On a separate note, I've done the Glock thing- I respect them, they are reliable, but they are plain vanilla and I'm over them. I still have the 23 that my wife bought me for Christmas, but I've sold my others. It was a good experience, but Sig is my favorite flavor.
So, I sold my G30S, but I don't want to be without a 45. I like 1911's, but I wanted something different, and with more capacity. I've owned a 220, and didn't want to go back in that direction.
Here's what's interesting, and the impetus for sharing- I've held a 227 in the past, and I didn't like the grip. That has changed- I do like it. It fits my hand-not as well as my 225 A1 (what else does? It's the perfect handgun for me), but better than I remembered. Either my hand has changed, my objectivity, or the E2 grips are different (I can't remember what grips the previous one had- that was back when the model first came out).
Either way, I am extremely happy. It is roughly the size of the 229, which is one of my favorites. Appreciable capacity, and the SAS features- this is a keeper.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Congrats on your new P227! If you're going to carry it, you can also pack some 14 rnd. mags for reloads (making it 39 rounds of .45 total with 2 reloads).

Reactions: Big Cape and hodge

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! I’m kinda looking for a 227 myself.
I priced one at Brownell's- $853.00. I got mine at a local shop for $900 plus tax.

Reactions: Big Cape

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
My lgs had a ASE, great looking gun and I really contemplated it but I think I’m holding out for a Tacops model. I’m not planning on carrying it, just a range toy.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Congrats, Hodge, on a great firearm purchase! It's my #2 Carry piece, behind the M11 (and they use the same leather holster).

I ditched the E2s and cut down some of the "magwell" G-10s that were floating around a couple of years ago for cheap, bought the grip screw bushings and love the set-up.

Please let us know what you think after a range session or two...

Safe Shooting!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Congratulations!!!! The 227 is a great gun. I love my carry model.

Reactions: hodge

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Congrats on your P227 SAS - a really nice 45!! I have both G30S and this 227 SAS, there's no comparison in these 2 pistols' shooting experience. You'll luv 227, so look for some bulk 45acp too!!

Cheers

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am resisting doing anything to it, at this point, but I do believe that I will eventually remove the E2's and get some G10's. We'll see- the E2's are good enough for now.

I didn't have time today to put rounds through it, but I did clean and lube it. Good thing, and it proves why you shouldn't take it out of the case and run it- it was dry. As my mom would say, dryer than a popcorn fart. There was oil on the barrel and guide rod, but everything else was bone dry. Zero on the rails.
It's ready, now.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Congratulations. The SAS versions have it all. My 227 SAS carry was my first Sig and is my favorite of all my pistols. It's still my short outing carry.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
190 Posts
"It fits my hand-not as well as my 225 A1 (what else does? It's the perfect handgun for me "

I picked a 225 A1 a couple of years ago on an impulse- German made police model caught my eye. Couldn't agree more about the fit. A very handy little 9.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have Hogue G-10 grips on my P227 SAS as they feel slimmer to me than the E2 grips, more appropriate for a CCW. I left the E2 grips on my full-size P227R and it feels very well balanced with those grips, surprising what a half inch more barrel and rail will add to the feel of the gun in your hand.

It is a tough choice between which gun to carry, the P227 SAS or the P225-A1. Both feel good in the hand and both carry well on the belt (I use a DeSantis Speed Scabbard). It really comes down to what kind of covering garment I'm wearing; lightweight means go with the lighter gun, heavier means I can carry the heavier gun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts