SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who were curious about these, I picked one up about 2 or so months ago after placing an order for it in August. Haven't had the opportunity to shoot it since 9mm ammo prices are through the roof! The new ones for 2020 come with an optic cut out (not huge on red dots, but the cut out is nice to have as an option). Comes with 3 magazines, that feel like they are powder coated (not sure if that's the new standard for sigs?).
P226 legion.jpeg

·
Registered
Favorite: Sig-Sauer P220 .45 Made in West Germany
40 Posts
Did you purchase it new as a civilian consumer, or as a law enforcement officer or military veteran? I believe those models are designed for law enforcement and military purchase only. I purchased a P229 version as a retired law enforcement officer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Did you purchase it new as a civilian consumer, or as a law enforcement officer or military veteran? I believe those models are designed for law enforcement and military purchase only. I purchased a P229 version as a retired law enforcement officer.
Bought it through the LEO program. Im not a peace officer, but my job/title made me eligible to purchase the gun through the program. Took awhile to get it too, only certain dealers are registered as being able to do the LEO program orders.

·
Registered
22,078 Posts
Nice. I would consider getting a black one...if I could.
Is the optic cut compatible with new RXP and/or DeltaPoint Pro?

·
Registered
P226 Legion SAO, P229 Dark Elite RX, P365 , MCX Legacy
61 Posts
Really nice, I’ve wanted one for years but can’t get my hands on one

·
Registered
942 Posts
Looks great!
My P229 Legion RX (Jan. 2018) is coming up on 10K rounds and I've been thinking about having SIG refinish when I send in for service pak. Would also like the slide re-cut if possible for newer RX Pro.
My original Romeo 1 is still working but has a battery drain issue. Probably should send back to SIG Optics to see if they'll upgrade, even if extra cost it would be worth it.

·
Registered
22,078 Posts
I was hoping that SIG would have made the black ones available to the general public by now, but I guess they aren't going to do that.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
they should have made them like this in the beginning instead of that early puke finish they had on them. What a marketing ploy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think they eventually will. Nothing is really limited from Sig and they will do anything to make a sale.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,304 Posts
Very nice. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Nice. I'd like to get my Legion refinished in Nitron but since they won't do the frame have to decide how to move forward.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would have liked to see an all stainless Legion like the SSE.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was hoping that SIG would have made the black ones available to the general public by now, but I guess they aren't going to do that.
They probably will at some point. They made it so people can purchase the legion grips, which were originally supposed to be only obtainable by buying the handgun. Im in the camp of I don't know why they just didn't do the black in the first place. Nitron is a pretty well established finish/coating for firearms, and they decided to go with the wild card PVD finish originally.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Really nice, I’ve wanted one for years but can’t get my hands on one
If you find the right dealer you could probably get your hands on one. There was a person on here who if I recall correctly got one in black, but they weren't a first responder or military. In my case when I placed an order for it after finding an authorized dealer, there wasn't much vetting to make sure I was approved to be able to purchase it (probably not necessarily a good thing). The pricing is different, so I understand why its through a specific program. Had my agency/department ID with me when I went to pick it up, and I wasn't asked to provide it for record purposes.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts