SIG Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was my birthday this last weekend, so I decided to have some fun for myself and take my trusty P320 compact for a ride.

I loaded up my range bag, grabbed my 320, and headed to the closest indoor range. It was kind of a rainy weekend so I decided to stay indoors. Plus, the outdoor range is a bit of a trek. The indoor range that is closest is not very big and doesn't have a lot of lanes. This fact was made apparent upon walking in. Soo many people!! There was about 15 or so people waiting outside the range to get their lanes. I should have known it was going to busy on a wet Saturday...

I was going to have dinner with the wife after shooting and didn't want to wait forever. So I decided to try another indoor range that is bigger, and newer. It's a little bit farther, but worth it. It's actually where I bought my 320. I got to the other range and they didn't seem as busy as the first.

As I was checking in, a nice couple was checking out of their lane and the employee mentioned that it was "Sig Day" and they can check out some new Sig gear and guns and even try out some of the guns. My ears perked up!! Whaaat?? Did you say "Sig Day"?!?! Turns out there were some Sig reps there promoting their silencers, optics, and new guns like the 320 and MCX.

I was already checked in, so I decided to check it out after I shot. Got done shooting my accurate, flawless 320 and went to see what this "Sig Day" was all about. They were having an hourly class/seminar about their new suppressors with one of the designers/engineers. From what I was told, it was about the design, legalities, process for obtaining, etc. I was on a schedule so I decided to check out the other stuff and didn't join the class/seminar.

The other room was set up showcasing Sig's new optic line, including different powered binoculars, red dot sights, and even a small thermal weapon optic (about the size of an Eotech). You could pick up the optics and test them out looking out the windows or around the room. They had 3 different 320's, a nice looking 1911, and some suppressors on display.

Now, on to the fun part (thanks for sticking with the story, sorry it's so long). I was able to test out a Sig Romeo4 equipped fully automatic MCX with a Sig suppressor in .300 BLK. Oooohhh boy was that a treat!!! It was only supposed to be a 10 round count, but I somehow ended up with 15. I took the first two shots in semi, just to get a feel for her. Then I switched the selector to "fun" and let loose some full auto bursts. I didn't want to just hold it down and burn through it all in a flash, so I just did some controlled bursts. Wow!! What a gun!! What a birthday surprise!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Happy belated birthday!

I need to email Sig with directions to my private range. Their reps are always welcome. I'll even trust them with a key.

Reactions: bearone2 and Adiboo

·
Registered
928 Posts
Happy belated birthday wishes from Europe Mr. Adiboo ! Wishing you many more years with the 2nd amendment well in place and all the facilities you guys enjoy for weapons that we don't have here

I really envy you gentlemen in the USA ... In europe, the day we get a representative from Sig or any other company dealing with weapons doing something like this in a shooting range ... Chicken will get teeth and hell will freeze over I guess ...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Happy belated birthday wishes from Europe Mr. Adiboo ! Wishing you many more years with the 2nd amendment well in place and all the facilities you guys enjoy for weapons that we don't have here

I really envy you gentlemen in the USA ... In europe, the day we get a representative from Sig or any other company dealing with weapons doing something like this in a shooting range ... Chicken will get teeth and hell will freeze over I guess ...
Thank you PVK.

I am very thankful that I am lucky enough to be in this 2nd amendment loving state in this great country. We do have to keep fighting those gun grabbing liberals that constantly try to enact laws to disarm all of the law abiding citizens. They don't understand that once they succeed, only the criminals will be armed.

Perhaps one day you will be able to at least visit us here in America (or even better, Arizona) and get to experience freedom first hand.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Heck yeah, what a great birthday!!

Reactions: Adiboo
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.