SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am not sure if this site is affiliated with Sig Sauer's main webpage and with no other categories associated with this topic I have elected to post here. My concern is the Sig Sauer main web site and the requirement that I enter my birth date for their monthly giveaways/promotions. I don't understand nor see the need to know my birthdate for this and it concerns me that I have to give it out monthly to yet another website that can and probably will be hacked if not now than in the future. Please change this requirement at is more than likely not needed and just another piece of data to mined.
Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can see that but there are other ways to confirm birthdates. And when you add in my address, name and email, a lot of information is out there. I'm not knocking it but as a citizen who has had their email account hacked through yahoo's lack of diligence and medical records hacked though another supposedly secure company I'm beginning to get paranoid. I suppose I have nothing to worry about at this point as all my information is already for sale and floating around on some hackers website but I get a bit queasy opening myself to other issues.

Registered
I can see that but there are other ways to confirm birthdates. And when you add in my address, name and email, a lot of information is out there. I'm not knocking it but as a citizen who has had their email account hacked through yahoo's lack of diligence and medical records hacked though another supposedly secure company I'm beginning to get paranoid. I suppose I have nothing to worry about at this point as all my information is already for sale and floating around on some hackers website but I get a bit queasy opening myself to other issues.

They just want to know if you are old enough to have/win their giveaways. No law says you have to use your exact birthday :cool:

馃帠USA Veteran
yo, your op was "birthday" info!!!!

btw:
i was hacked along with a bazillion other folks within opm a few years back.

you're right about that!!!

superwoody:
gees, that makes it easy.

馃帠USA Veteran
I agree with ThnkFrst, I wish everyone would follow OP's excellent concern. Thousands of more folks should follow this concern and not enter the "Monthly Give Away".

I have not won yet and based upon my date of birth, I am running out of time to find my winning moment.

Registered
Happy birthday ! Oh wait........

Good to see you are vigilant with your info, excellent.
Just LIE , they just need to make sure are an adult .
There's just a wee little flaw with that. If you LIE, then go on to win their "Get a brand new free gun every week for life" grand prize. They will check their info against your ID and your entry will be invalidated. You will then have to go on with your meaningless, dismal, pitiful life without all them free guns - you loser.:rolleyes:

馃帠USA Veteran
There's just a wee little flaw with that. If you LIE, then go on to win their "Get a brand new free gun every week for life" grand prize. They will check their info against your ID and your entry will be invalidated. You will then have to go on with your meaningless, dismal, pitiful life without all them free guns - you loser.:rolleyes:
touche'

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1231, if you thought that was complaining you should hear me at work. Ha I was just voicing a concern about needless info being loaded into lala land. I know I don't have to enter but who doesn't like free ****? And Bumper that was my concern that if..if ..if I won I would be invalidated based on a scratch birth date. I mean come on all you need is my email address and if I win I can call that 1800 number linked to an operator based in India and give them all my info). That was a joke as anytime I have had to call sig it has been an in country rep.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.