SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
P229, P365SAS, P320 AXG Scorpion, Z320 XCarry, MPX K, MCX Rattler, MCX Virtus, and MPX Copperhead
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the plan if Biden follows through with banning Pistol Braces?

When will the NRA start building some lawsuits to take to the supreme Court?

·
Registered
499 Posts
This was already well in the process before Biden.

The NRA right now is too busy covering it's own arse thanks to mismanagement and funds suddenly disappearing. It appears that the NRA as an organization is very disorganized at the moment, too much infighting, and has lost focus on the bigger issue at hand.

·
Registered
825 Posts

You are talking about Biden following through on the Donald Trump plan to ban braces that the BATF is currently working on, correct?
First we may need to see if Graham's attempt at a Soft Coup works out.

On a personal note, keeping it clear who is the enemy when one might be a little anti 2nd amendment and the other choice is a lot anti Constitution is a bit of a problem at this moment.

·
Registered
17,479 Posts

File a lawsuit in Federal Court, get a restraining order while we wait and take it to SCOTUS

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
I don't hear many people saying "Donald Trump is going after pistol braces," even though last time I checked, the latest ATF BS happened under his administration. If you're going to lay the blame for ATF shenanigans on whoever is president at the time, then at least apply it consistently to all presidents.

When they figure out how they can profit from it?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Deep state expressing itself regardless of who is the executive.

They will take it quite a bit farther if the wrong people get in charge... again... The executive branch guides ATF, and what the President and Attorney General tolerates will become effective. The goal is registration, and the cosmetic justification won't stop at barrel length and pistol brace design.

Think "arbitrary and capricious" with the only resolution possible after a long and expensive series of court fights.

I believe SAF, GOA and state rights organizations will fill the gap as needed.

But - let's try and keep the Senate first. That election is January unless enough votes can be found prior to the election is certified in Georgia.

Reactions: bhrees and Hammer

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Just to clear up some confusion here, while it is President Trumps ATF he signed a EO telling the ABC organizations to stop with the overreach. The ATF is doing this in defiance of the president. The real problem is Trump didn’t fire all the anti-gun people obama put in place, something he should have done on day one.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Just to clear up some confusion here, while it is President Trumps ATF he signed a EO telling the ABC organizations to stop with the overreach. The ATF is doing this in defiance of the president. The real problem is Trump didn’t fire all the anti-gun people obama put in place, something he should have done on day one.

To clear up confusion here, POTUS is DJT and it is laughable to think that the NRA knows nothing about this. It is just as laughable to think the the NRA has not spoken to the WH about it. This POTUS talks nice about the NRA and the 2nd when he needs the votes. The election is over and we get crickets. It has been said over and over again about DJT that loyalty with him is a one way street. Maybe we should have paid attention.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
To clear up confusion here, POTUS is DJT and it is laughable to think that the NRA knows nothing about this. It is just as laughable to think the the NRA has not spoken to the WH about it. This POTUS talks nice about the NRA and the 2nd when he needs the votes. The election is over and we get crickets. It has been said over and over again about DJT that loyalty with him is a one way street. Maybe we should have paid attention.
It’s laughable to think that one man can micromanage everything going on in countless organizations and obviously that was the reason for the EO. I, and you, have no idea what the NRA does or doesn’t know unless you have some actual facts you’d like to share. And I’m not sure if you’ve seen the news but I think the president has other things on his mind at the moment other than some government overreach. The only people saying DJT has no loyalty is people suffering from severe TDS. And we did pay attention, we didn’t vote for a gun grabbing far left loony.

·
Registered
P229, P365SAS, P320 AXG Scorpion, Z320 XCarry, MPX K, MCX Rattler, MCX Virtus, and MPX Copperhead
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So if your pay the tax and make your pistol with a brace into a SBR, will that be banned as well?
I would suspect that if they go after a brace they will also go after SBR's.

·
Registered
825 Posts
It’s laughable to think that one man can micromanage everything going on in countless organizations and obviously that was the reason for the EO. I, and you, have no idea what the NRA does or doesn’t know unless you have some actual facts you’d like to share. And I’m not sure if you’ve seen the news but I think the president has other things on his mind at the moment other than some government overreach. The only people saying DJT has no loyalty is people suffering from severe TDS. And we did pay attention, we didn’t vote for a gun grabbing far left loony.
The POTUS does not micro manage anything, which is why the "West Wing" is staffed normally with 700-1000 people that are in effect his assistants. There is an office building across the street that houses most of these. They monitor specific areas and send up the food chain alerts to events. POTUS is never in the dark. As to the NRA, you, I and most every 2nd gun person not living under a rock knows about the pistol brace issue. Ole Wayne at the NRA does not live under a rock. Unless Wayne and the board all need to be fired they have reacted to this. The Pres knows what they said, remember that staff of 700-1000. As to DJT being loyal, :D😂😅.

I guess we will just have to disagree. 1/20/21 he is gone anyhow.

·
Registered
709 Posts
During the campaign Biden said he would put Beto in charge of guns. When he ran against Cruz for the Senate Beto said NO ONE NEEDS AN AR TYPE WEAPON and he would get everyone who has one to turn it in. Wen he was asked how he would do that he said he would "convince them it was the right thing to do". I remember Clinton''s AR ban and 10 round mag limit. This could get a lot worse.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
During the campaign Biden said he would put Beto in charge of guns. When he ran against Cruz for the Senate Beto said NO ONE NEEDS AN AR TYPE WEAPON and he would get everyone who has one to turn it in. Wen he was asked how he would do that he said he would "convince them it was the right thing to do". I remember Clinton''s AR ban and 10 round mag limit. This could get a lot worse.
But for now we have the supreme court, so I think it would be a easy challenge

·
Registered
709 Posts
WE do not have the Supreme Court, since Roberts has been hanging out with high profile Dems and celebrities he has voted with the Dems most time or has helped Repubs. win but made it temporary. Kavan. was a lousy pick, he found the loophole in Obamacare that let Roberts get it passed and may vote with the Dems just to show that he is independent. There will be tremendous pressure and threats against any pro gun votes. Todays Democratic Party (and I was a state caucus delegate for Hillary on her first run) are insane and want to literally wipe any one that doesn't agree with them off the planet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts