SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I shop for guns, I am overwhelmed by the number of websites/auction sites, on line stores etc.....

So first off--what sites need to be avoided or have poor service/reputation etc.? i.e. Just stay away from.

What are good the professional, reputable sites to shop for handguns (mostly Sigs of course)?

Other methods of shopping???

Overwhelmed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Gunbroker.com is excellent
Except for ammo. Tried getting some CCI Mini Mags there and felt violated after seeing what they are charging. Highway robbery

·
Registered
392 Posts
As I shop for guns, I am overwhelmed by the number of websites/auction sites, on line stores etc.....

So first off--what sites need to be avoided or have poor service/reputation etc.? i.e. Just stay away from.

What are good the professional, reputable sites to shop for handguns (mostly Sigs of course)?

Other methods of shopping???

Overwhelmed.
I'd start at a brick and mortar store to solidify exactly what make/model that you are looking for. And once you do, turn to the net to find the best deal. There is no substitute for handling a gun first. You may change your mind completely after handling several models. It will save you time and money in the long run. My .02

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx everyone!

·
Registered
209 Posts
+1 for Bud'sGunShop.com

I've ordered several, new & used handguns from Bud's & have been really happy with their service.

I've also had great luck with Gun's America.

·
Registered
392 Posts
+1 for Bud'sGunShop.com

I've ordered several, new & used handguns from Bud's & have been really happy with their service.
+2 They have real good prices

·
Registered
312 Posts
I find the best way to shop on line for hand guns is with my credit card secured in Mrs. TF's purse.
+1 My problem is I have the numbers memorized.

I bought 2 guns from Gun Broker. P290RS and P938 both were great prices and were new. I do check my favorite LGS first and give them a chance to come close to the price. Sometimes they can and some times they cant. When possible I buy from them.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Bud's is my favorite. Super great prices, no tax and no shipping. I bought a new 239 last month with night sights and 3 mags and it was cheaper ($650) than most of the used ones you see for sale. I got my CPO 228 and 229 there as well as well as a couple of others.

+2 They have real good prices

·
Banned
3,113 Posts
Except for ammo. Tried getting some CCI Mini Mags there and felt violated after seeing what they are charging. Highway robbery
Fortunately we live in the economic system we do...and accordingly, you are only entitled to feel violated if you PAID what was being "asked" for the CCI mini mag ammo.

·
Premium Member
37,728 Posts
Established sellers and sites have a history, and Google will tell you many things about them.
With GB, GA, Bud's and most of the rest, you will do fine if you do your homework first.
Ask questions and get all the facts clear before bidding or punching buy now.
Get shipping planned out in advance.

Good luck with your search and best wishes.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Search For and Find Guns for Sale Online - GunWatcher.com is a good way to at least locate what you are looking for. Then, you have to determine which seller you trust.

Don't discount people on this forum, or others that you may be on and trust, to buy from. I purchased my 229 from a member here, and it was a great experience.

Reactions: dwg13013
1 - 20 of 25 Posts